GDAT - SEC699 Certification Preparation Guidance

bhuvanesh2016bhuvanesh2016 Registered Users Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all, I have completed my SEC599 last year and got certificate.

My firm offering another cert, so planning to choose SEC699 as my next step. Need some guidance and review of it, as so many labs are there in this certificate. What would be the positive side of SEC699 and what would be key advice or strategy to pass?

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■

My firm offering another cert, so planning to choose SEC699 as my next step. Need some guidance and review of it, as so many labs are there in this certificate. What would be the positive side of SEC699 and what would be key advice or strategy to pass?
    Congratulations on completion of SEC599.

Since SEC699 is a deeper dive into purple teaming, wouldn't it have a similar positive side as SEC599 which you have already done? Without knowing much about you I can only guess that purple teaming is significant to your profession and would make you more of an expert on these topics.

Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • bhuvanesh2016bhuvanesh2016 Registered Users Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□

Congratulations on completion of SEC599.

Since SEC699 is a deeper dive into purple teaming, wouldn't it have a similar positive side as SEC599 which you have already done? Without knowing much about you I can only guess that purple teaming is significant to your profession and would make you more of an expert on these topics.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the insights buddy!

I have a doubt, while I'm doing SEC599 it was certificate (GDAT). While getting the details of SEC699, it's mentioned as course, does it mean there's no exam or certification for SEC699?

Can u clarify?
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited March 2023
    I do not yet see a certification offered for SEC699. You can also check this yourself on the SANS site with all of the details of the course - https://www.sans.org/cyber-security-courses/purple-team-tactics-adversary-emulation/
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • bhuvanesh2016bhuvanesh2016 Registered Users Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do not yet see a certification offered for SEC699.
    Ok thanks.

So, it's just course and completion certificate?

No exams, then right?