Options

Greetings from Germany / New Horizons

RahabRahab Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone! 🎉

Here I am, happy to join and to connect with all of you! My name is Rahab, a 33-year-old IT enthusiast from Germany. I have a passion for reading, painting, watching movies, and playing pixelated games, RPGs, and roguelites, and games that play in a futuristic setting.

Over the past year, I've been preparing myself for a career in Cyber Security by learning the basics of coding (specifically Python), doing courses in IT, and project management, and even tackled a few small projects at work, which has been a blast! I recently felt it was time to get serious, so I started my part-time studies in Cyber Security while continuing to work full-time. It's going to be a busy journey, but I'm excited to learn and grow - together with people from all walks of life. So, let's get in touch, whether you're just starting your Cyber Security journey (just like me) or are a seasoned professional or a gamer!!

Despite initially having concerns about tackling a career change at this age, I feel a lot more stable and solid in my 30s; plus, I think I did everything I wanted to do in my 20s 😄, that is, studying something interesting but useless, and traveling & living across Europe. But today, I'm clearer about what I want in life career-wise, and I'm ready to embrace this new and exciting chapter.

Did anyone of you have also a career change at an "advanced age"? Did you have any concerns or worries? How did you deal with them and what would you advise? Would love to hear from you!

Comments

• Options
    xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Rahab
    Welcome to TechExams!

Sounds like you're off to a solid start in cybersecurity. I'm a network engineer looking to pivot into that field myself.

Here's to a successful journey for us both! (and the rest of the TechExams crew)
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+