Options

MD-102, Take a Stab at it. Study Materials.

AxtonAxton Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am currently work on SEC+, Take the exam next week.   After that I will take the CySA+ in about 12 weeks.  (School Schedule).    I am looking to review the for the MD-102 exam also and take a stub at it.   With 12 weeks, available.  I figure I could dedicate 30+ days to reviewing for this exam and take it mid-July.   I have been working with Windows for a good bit of time, (Windows 10).  I have the Sybex book for MD-100/101 and I have been looking it over, but I just did not take time to study fully for both exams, I figure 1 exam is better then 2, (cost wise).   

How difficult would the MD-102 be studying from scratch, with some knowledge of Windows 10, Server 2012 and Windows 7/Server 2008.  

Any material anyone can recommend?? 

I was able to purchase a udemy training course, for $20 with some practice exams.   

I am looking at  

Mastering Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Deploy and manage Windows 10, Windows 11, and Windows 365 on both physical and cloud PCs

by 

Christiaan Brinkhoff

on Amazon, but not sure if this covers  MD-100/101 and NOT MD-102.    

I feel this CERT might provide some additional hiring power on my resume.  

Any input would be appreciated.  

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    candycorncandycorn Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am also studying to take this exam for an upcoming interview (and additionally the MS-900 which should be much easier).

Here are the two courses I purchased from Udemy (you may need to be logged in to view them):

https://www.udemy.com/share/103SKc3@9FiRf1kDvtYs7wIK9DWi-U3KUgsMDMFhy6zp6ST6fChWYqPKHmVkDHG20K7aFLr1/

https://www.udemy.com/share/1096q03@dJifXYxAAT1i9StNOmeOvs3huFAyJ_WznIw9Ezs2AGM8PyqIhB1eCK7pLBdNzaDP/

I haven't found any published materials (I did find an answer key but that's not quite as useful as hands-on knowledge)

Most of my experience has been on-prem with little cloud interaction so I need all the help I can get. 

ITIL, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Healthcare IT Tech, MTA: Server Fundamentals, MCP, Apple Certified Associate, CIW Associate
  • Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I recently did MD-100 and MD-101 exams. Found them quite challenging due to the fact I just don't use many of the features of the OS or I never bothered to create local GP but use domain based GP. I used the above Udemy course by John Christopher and found it a good guide. I needed to do lots of labbing to understand how to connect the dots on what happens if I change x and how it affects y.
    I recommend spinning up about 4 client VM's along with a Windows server and get a trial Azure / 365 subscription.
    You can use the old resources or wait for more updated materials. I'm sure you can just do more testing with Win 10/11 as opposed to deprecated Win 7.
    Use any practice tests as a guide to facilitate learning and where you need to improve.
  • Options
    itdept said:
    I recently did MD-100 and MD-101 exams. Found them quite challenging due to the fact I just don't use many of the features of the OS or I never bothered to create local GP but use domain based GP. I used the above Udemy course by John Christopher and found it a good guide. I needed to do lots of labbing to understand how to connect the dots on what happens if I change x and how it affects y.
    I recommend spinning up about 4 client VM's along with a Windows server and get a trial Azure / 365 subscription.
    You can use the old resources or wait for more updated materials. I'm sure you can just do more testing with Win 10/11 as opposed to deprecated Win 7.
    Use any practice tests as a guide to facilitate learning and where you need to improve.
    Thanks for the feedback. At the moment I have one server 2019 VM and a Win 11 VM joined to the same domain. More machines would probably be a good idea. I got the 365 trial started and just working my way through the videos. I purchased a handful of domains years ago, so I am in the process of updating the name servers and MX records over (as he did in his example). Unfortunately, my computer is in the shop so I’m doing this off an old Lenovo laptop… so I’m concerned more VMs might be an issue at the moment… unfortunately, all my hands on experience was with smaller companies that didn’t really implement this kind of technology, or when I was a Microsoft vendor it was in a completely different line of work. But I know this is the way of the future so I’m trying my best to learn and understand all of it.. 

ITIL, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Healthcare IT Tech, MTA: Server Fundamentals, MCP, Apple Certified Associate, CIW Associate
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Thanks for everyone comments, I unfortunately failed my SEC+ by 49 points, 701.   I will be retaking it next year, as I am working on the CySA+ exam for the end of Sept.   I have set up a lab on Server 2022 and installed 4 copies of Window 10 and 2 copies of Windows 8,  I plan to make a Domain Type Environment, as I added 3 Server 2022 copies.  I did purchased some udemy courses when they were on sale.  
    The MD-102: Endpoint Administrator PRACTICE EXAM 2023 and MD-100 and MD-102 certification course with SIMULATIONS

Additionally, I have some Videos by another company that I former co-worker download for me on  MD-100 and MD-101, which will be good review.   I would just like to find a book that covers the exam, but considered that it is a fairly new exam, the MD-100 and MD-101 will expire at the end of this month, material should be available in August, I won't be taking it until after September.
    I decide to wait until after September, it seems the school, did not have one course this current term, so I have been extended until Nov. 3rd, another 6 weeks.  

Candy Corn, you might check on the link, one of the recommendations is for  

MS-100 & MS-102 certification course with SIMULATIONS, not MD-102, hopefully you did not purchase the wrong course.  

• Options
    Axton said:
    Thanks for everyone comments, I unfortunately failed my SEC+ by 49 points, 701.   I will be retaking it next year, as I am working on the CySA+ exam for the end of Sept.   I have set up a lab on Server 2022 and installed 4 copies of Window 10 and 2 copies of Windows 8,  I plan to make a Domain Type Environment, as I added 3 Server 2022 copies.  I did purchased some udemy courses when they were on sale.  
    The MD-102: Endpoint Administrator PRACTICE EXAM 2023 and MD-100 and MD-102 certification course with SIMULATIONS

Additionally, I have some Videos by another company that I former co-worker download for me on  MD-100 and MD-101, which will be good review.   I would just like to find a book that covers the exam, but considered that it is a fairly new exam, the MD-100 and MD-101 will expire at the end of this month, material should be available in August, I won't be taking it until after September.
    I decide to wait until after September, it seems the school, did not have one course this current term, so I have been extended until Nov. 3rd, another 6 weeks.  

MS-100 & MS-102 certification course with SIMULATIONS, not MD-102, hopefully you did not purchase the wrong course.  

I purchased the labs with John Christopher that cover 100 and 102. If i need to purchase other Materials please let me know 
  • Options
    candycorn said:

I purchased the labs with John Christopher that cover 100 and 102. If i need to purchase other Materials please let me know 
    I am just mentioning, that if your taking MD-102, you "might" have purchased study material for "MS" -100 and "MS" 102,  not "MD" 102,  there are two separate exams.  

Exam MS-102: Microsoft 365 Administrator vs Exam MD-102: Endpoint Administrator

• Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    MD-102 replaces MD-100 and MD-101 exams. Old materials can still be used to be familiar with the technology
  • Options
    Axton said:
    candycorn said:

I am just mentioning, that if your taking MD-102, you "might" have purchased study material for "MS" -100 and "MS" 102,  not "MD" 102,  there are two separate exams.  

Exam MS-102: Microsoft 365 Administrator vs Exam MD-102: Endpoint Administrator

Thanks I purchased the practice exams you mentioned on Udemy and will dive in. 
  • Options
    logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’m currently studying for this exam now. I hope to pass it by the end of the year. Once I pass this exam I will be a 365 Expert.
  • Options
    BackToSchoolBackToSchool Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Brought the MD 101 book last year maybe even in 2022. REALLY meant to do more than just reference it a couple of times. Now I need to get the MD 102 material and ACTUALLY do the exam.