Options

What is the chance of getting a job in the network field? any tips or advice?

lkh312lkh312 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□

Hi All

I am currently considering applying for any network related position as i recently obatined CCNA

I have +10 years of experience as a pc techniican and 4 years of experiences as a IT technician at large scale company

Please give me any advice or tips or suggestion on getting a job in network field

Thanks

P. S: cert (A+, Network +, MCP, CCNA)

Best Answer

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Answer ✓
    In Florida, most of the tech jobs seems to be in the Tampa area, but West Palm Beach down to South Miami are good too. You will find more opportunity if you are open to on-site work rather than remote-only. Also consider data center work rather than only maintaining networks in office buildings. Cloud will help you there, but you need the Cloud engineering certs rather than Cloud developer. Do AWS, GCP, Azure and Oracle. Know your way around Unix and Linux, as most networking controls and systems are based on those OSes.

Answers

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    In what industry and geographical area(s)?
  • Options
    JDMurray said:
    In what industry and geographical area(s)?
    Considering moving from the general IT tech at a large scale company to any computer network related positon with CCNA in FL Pleaes feel free to give me any tips or advice 
  • Options
    JDMurray said:
    In Florida, most of the tech jobs seems to be in the Tampa area, but West Palm Beach down to South Miami are good too. You will find more opportunity if you are open to on-site work rather than remote-only. Also consider data center work rather than only maintaining networks in office buildings. Cloud will help you there, but you need the Cloud engineering certs rather than Cloud developer. Do AWS, GCP, Azure and Oracle. Know your way around Unix and Linux, as most networking controls and systems are based on those OSes.
    Thanks . I might go for cloud practioner once i get the networking job. ^^