Options

(ISC)2 is now ISC2

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
I just noticed that (ISC)2 renamed itself to ISC2.

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    about time  :D
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Finally, all is right with the world.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    cyber4everyonecyber4everyone Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hate the new branding. Received my CCSP with the new branding and I hate it. looks cheap and not professional. I'm not sure i'll even hang it as it looks like a knock-off.
  • Options
    jhamesguru07ajhamesguru07a Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I noticed that (ISC)2 has undergone a name change to ISC2. It's interesting to see how organizations evolve and rebrand themselves.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yeah, I got sick of using (ALT + 0178) for squared ²
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    oneDoneD Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I noticed that (ISC)2 has undergone a name change to ISC2. It's interesting to see how organizations evolve and rebrand themselves.
    However, this clears up the confusion some people have had between the name (ISC)² and the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, which is also known as ISC
    betandreas-azerbaycan bookmaker review
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    edited October 2023
    oneD said:
    However, this clears up the confusion some people have had between the name (ISC)² and the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, which is also known as ISC
    You say changing "(ISC)2" to "ISC2" disambiguates it from "ISC"? Seems like just the opposite to me.
    Also, I've never seen nor heard of anyone referring to the 27000-series as "ISC". Care to give a reference to your assertion?