Options

What do you think of CISSP-ISSEP?

thomasvtt2thomasvtt2 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
edited January 24 in (ISC)²
Can anyone enlighten me about CISSP-ISSEP. Is it a good choice? What about the opportunities and remuneration?
I am stuck between CISSP-ISSEP and CISSP-ISSAP. Which one is the best when it comes to my carrier perks?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My recommendation would be to compare the contents of both credentials (which I assume that you already have) and either go for the one that compliments your current experience or the one that is aimed at whatever you are trying to do next. Is there a reason why you cannot do both given that both interest you?

I rarely, if ever, see vacancies in my area requesting CISSP concentration certifications. Have you performed a job search on those credentials in your area? 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    srothmansrothman Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
    100% agreed. I've never seen this advertised, and honestly, I don't think it'll do much in terms of your current career.
    Personally, I see it more as a a means to differentiate from the other 100 CISSP holders applying for the same job rather than any sort of leverage you'll have when negotiating the numbers.

Disclaimer: I don't hold a CISSP (hoping this changes in 8 weeks), so might be talking completely out of place.
  • Options
    thomasvtt2thomasvtt2 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My buddies recommended this course. Yes I have seen some job openings for both in my place. Maybe I will do both in the future for sure.
  • Options
    Eagle75799Eagle75799 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have ISSAP, I plan to get the ISSEP just for completion's sake. It might have helped me get interviewed for a couple of Architect roles, but I have only seen a smattering of job posts that ask for either one. And now that the 8570 has CCSP as an IASAE level 3, I think demand will not grow for them. But I do have to say, I am glad I did it!