job boards

shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,013 ■■■■■■■■□□
edited August 6 in IT Jobs / Degrees
Where are you looking/applying for jobs nowadays?

I remember Dice, then Monster being #1 a LONG time ago, then it was Careerbuilder, then Indeed...any new ones to speak of???

I have only been hired off of Careerbuilder once, the other two above seemed like a waste of time...

One thing I have noticed, and I loathe...are companies using Workday backend, which basically makes you duplicate your efforts EVERY time when applying for a job.  I wish, if you already had applied ONCE with Workday client, it can make the process a little smoother, but it doesn't.  Maybe someone knows a better way to parse your resume format to where it actually imports into the webform COMPLETELY, however, it never does for me.  I prefer one click submissions, IMO.  Indeed has this, but it was more like 5 clicks.  I did notice that on Workday there was use last application (or something to that matter) and it would autofill as much as possible, but it was very clunky.  You would think with all the technologically advancements out there, this would improve.  

I still want to do a video resume, I feel like that would be an ideal way of selling yourself to a potential new employer, but then again I am not the ego type to boost my way in to someone hiring me.
CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
Tagged:

Comments