Options

DAMINGOKIDDAMINGOKID Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_cool.gif ,

Which one should I take first 290 or 291 and why?

Comments

• Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Well, 291 is much harder (just look at the number of "I failed" posts on here, including mine). I just started working in order and passed 290 last year and then tried 291 a few months ago and am studying again for it. 290 kinda lays the groundwork for the exams and is supposed to be harder because it covers more topics and 291, 293, and 294 break each one into more detail (from what I've been told), but 291 is known as "The Beast" and for good reasons... icon_twisted.gif

You get no further ahead by taking 291 before 290, you still need to pass all the exams to get your cert anyway and you are already MCP Certified... icon_wink.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    290, 291, client (270 suggested), and one elective gets you MCSA for 2003. If you have A+ and Network+, you already have the elective, all you need to do is transfer the certs to MS.
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Hi
    I would do 290 first as it has similar content to the 270 exam ( i would do 270 before 290 if you haven't allready), but its just server related. 291 continues on, with more server content (dns, dns, dns).

I guess its a personal choice, but I liked to do them in the order MS specified and I found many concepts followed through which made studying easier.

Good Luck
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    DAMINGOKIDDAMINGOKID Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all of your advice, I will tame 290 and slay "the beast-291"