Options

270 Vs 290

wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
Heard a kind of strange thing from a friend today stating that, the 290 is easy to cover then the materials for the 270, just due to how vast the install options are and such.

What are you opinions?
70-291 Next....

Comments

• Options
    trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IMO, 290 was harder because of the simulations.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    what, are you crazy, 290 is by far more harder than 270, if you use xp on a daily basis then that gives you a head start but the content for 290 is more than 270.

thats my 2pence worth

lee h
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some people consider 290 easier because a lot of the material overlaps between 270 and 290. It just feels easier because you are preparing for less as you already know the info covered in 270.
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I thought 270 was much easier, mostly because I had been using XP for awhile and felt comfortable with the material. I was in the middle of Tech School for certifications when I took 270. As soon as we finished the term on 270, I took the exam. I passed, but as we got into 290, I realized that I probably would have done better had I waited because a lot of the material on 290 does overlap and is on the 270 exam (can't remember what off the top of my head, it was over a year ago). I actually did better on 290 than the 270 exam, but that was also after I had gone through the remainder of my courses which covered the entire MCSE track. It just seems that starting with 270, through 294, each one adds a little bit more and each test is progressively harder, although 291 kicked my butt the first time I tried it and I'm going back for round 2 next month! icon_mad.gif

But, as far as 270 vs. 290 goes, I'd say 270 was easier. icon_cool.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    chicken13chicken13 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nicely put.
    RTmarc wrote:
    Some people consider 290 easier because a lot of the material overlaps between 2790 and 290. It just feels easier because you are preparing for less as you already know the info covered in 270.

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon