Antivirus for a Small Business 10 clients 1 server.

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
I have 1 2003 SBS Server and 10 clients that need antivirus.

I was thinking about using AVG Network Edition because I had had such good experiences with AVG Free and AVG Professional.

I know Norton Coporate is a great program, but it is too costly for such a small organization.

My second choice was Avast's Small Business Suite. I am trying to get a price quote from them as I type.

I was just curious what others on here have been using with sucess for a small/medium sized business.

Also, I want 1 client license. I do not want to have to keep track of 10 client licenses and 1 server license. I want 1 license that covers all 10 clients and 1 server as well as Exchange.

Thanks.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Trend Micro's product is sold by the NODE so all systems being protected get counted.

We moved from McAfee some years back into Trend and have been pleased with the size and reliablity.

You can get a competitive upgrade if you have a current license in place which is very reasonibly priced.

Client/Server
    Client/Server/Messaging (the one you'll be looking at for exchange)
    The have SMB and Enterprise. Enterprise is typically geared toward enterprise level network....OR if you need to have terminal services protected. Otherwise their C/S/M for SMB (small and medium business) should do exactly what you want.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally I prefer the Computer Associates product for both desktop and server use.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • geordieoxgeordieox Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sophos Also do a Small Business Product that is pretty competitive, very effective and comes with a competitive upgrade as well.

There's a mail spam scanner bundled in to work with Exchange - called Puremessage.

Worth a look. Only one license for the whole 10 users and server.
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    I like CA's product as well, but our chief contract chose Trend, which I hate.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    RussS wrote:
    Personally I prefer the Computer Associates product for both desktop and server use.

I like them as well. My first pick is norton corp but if you cannot have that I would go with McAfee or CA. I hated trend micro, get something with centralized management and spam blocking. If at all possible, you shouldn't be tight on money when it comes to virus/spam protection. GL