Options

*TechExams.net IP Subnet Calculator for Windows - v1.0*

2»

Comments

• Options
    butchcoatsbutchcoats Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I try to install the program I get the error:

Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact the application vendor for assistance.

This is what the log file looks like:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.832
    System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
    mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
    dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///C:/Program%20Files/SUBNET%20CALC/Subnet%20Calculator.application

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity : Subnet Calculator.application, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=01bce81f7098709f, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Program Files\SUBNET CALC\Subnet Calculator.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Downloading file:///C:/Program Files/SUBNET CALC/Subnet Calculator_1_0_0_0/Subnet Calculator.exe.manifest did not succeed.
    + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\SUBNET CALC\Subnet Calculator_1_0_0_0\Subnet Calculator.exe.manifest'.
    + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\SUBNET CALC\Subnet Calculator_1_0_0_0\Subnet Calculator.exe.manifest'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [11/7/2007 10:35:32 AM] : Activation of C:\Program Files\SUBNET CALC\Subnet Calculator.application has started.
    * [11/7/2007 10:35:32 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    * [11/7/2007 10:35:32 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [11/7/2007 10:35:32 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
    - Downloading file:///C:/Program Files/SUBNET CALC/Subnet Calculator_1_0_0_0/Subnet Calculator.exe.manifest did not succeed.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
    at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Net.WebException
    - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\SUBNET CALC\Subnet Calculator_1_0_0_0\Subnet Calculator.exe.manifest'.
    - Source: System
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Net.WebException
    - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\SUBNET CALC\Subnet Calculator_1_0_0_0\Subnet Calculator.exe.manifest'.
    - Source: System
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
    at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
    at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
    at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for the feedback, I will look into this as soon as possible.

Johan
  • Options
    butchcoatsbutchcoats Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Shan Gee wrote:

I encountered the same problem. This is a .zip file you're downloading, so you need to Extract all the files to a folder and then run the setup. It should work after that.

Yeah I did unzip them before I ran the setup.exe.
  • Options
    Gamerz2006Gamerz2006 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is a great tool. thanks for allowing us to download it. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    sarasoftssarasofts Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Thank you so much for your great tool .

I have a little bit comment for enhance your program .

when I pressed the button Calculate all subnets and the results appears the color appear so light

and hard to read when I pointer for any line ID by mouse.

I mean when I want to choose any line like line 5 ( ID 5) the shadow are so lite blue and the font

colored with white after I pointed the mouse on it & it so hard to read it .The others line are very

clear and easy to read it.

So, Kindly if you see my suggestion is good for enhancing your program for better
    I will be very happy for you.

Thanks in advance and your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
  • Options
    milanchatterjeemilanchatterjee Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    The calculator is a nice and beautiful thing. Also, I am thinking one thing. How about building a IPv4 to IPv6 converter/calculator? I guess that it would also come in handy for many. What do you say guys?

Milan
  • Options
    ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    Was trying to download the calculator...for a friend of course....it doesn't work.

The download link gives a 404 Not Found web page.icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    I implemented a CDN solution in the past few days and it looks like the zip file isn't properly propagated around the globe yet while it should have been by now - I'll look into that. The link does work for me, but to download it simply copy the URL and change "downloads" into "www" to download it directly from our server.

Thanks for reporting this!

Johan
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks.

Since that was received so well...

I was trying to get the printer friendly version of the CDP tech notes. That too is failing.

CCNA 640-821 INTRO TechNotes: CDP
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes/ccna/intro/pr_cdp.php
  • Options
    Yeah I'm still in the progress of moving TechNotes to our new CMS and I suspect there are others that don't work, but, I fixed that link so you should be able to access that printer-friendly version now.
  • Options
    Thanks! Love the site. Took a break from it for awhile. Came back and it's far better than I remember. Keep up the good work!icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    I am using it,it is definitely good and I am really like it.

thanks so much.
  • Options
    mytapymytapy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    88.25.88.1/24
    88.25.81.1/24
    88.25.74.1/24
    88.25.58.1/24
    88.25.42.1/24

how do I efficiently summarize these..
  • Options
    sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Johan

thanks a lot, excellent job :)
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    Hey, thanks, great to see this is still downloaded frequently. Hopefully I'll have some time for a major update (win8 metro style probably) and some IPv6 support soon.
  • Options
    loveman2010loveman2010 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Kong1215Kong1215 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking this network course (prepping for CCNA) and I'm trying to figure out how to find the Subnet Mask of IP addresses.

Using this program, the subnet mask of 174.194.139.33 /24 should be 255.255.255.0 right?
    Same with 103.245.46.159 /8 is 255.0.0.0.
    Also there is are examples on my worksheet that has 172.61.120.157 /1. Subnet mask should be 128.0.0.0?
    75.105.231.192 /31 will be 255.255.255.254?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    ZemilenaZemilena Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job...very useful
    I want to know if it is possible to provide me the application source code
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Thank you for this sharing.
  • Options
    LesorinLesorin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is great, but I need to learn how to do this without a calculator :)
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great attitude to have. Practice daily and it will come to you.

When I was studying for my CCNA, I avoided the subnetting calculators and learned it by hand. They're great tools, but can make for a crutch if you rely on them too heavily during your studies for an exam.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    riahc3riahc3 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will this get ported to, for example, Android? It makes a great onhand calculator.
  • Options
    cpohladcpohlad Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a feature request. If you put your ip and subnet in it would be helpful if it jumped to the subnet in the list below where your IP lies.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Lesorin wrote: »
    This is great, but I need to learn how to do this without a calculator :)

So true. It's a party trick that never ceases to amaze people.
  • Options
    Mateus109Mateus109 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry for what's probably a stupid newbie question, but does the network info in blue only the relate to the first subnet? e.g. the 'valid host range' is only the range for subnet 1 and if there's more, you need to click the 'calculate all Subnets' button to view the ranges for subnets 2, 3, 4 etc. As a newbie, I found app's interface very easy to use but the blue info text confusing.
    Many thanks,
    M.
  • Options
    ITsubcedITsubced Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for this great program
    2017 Certification Goals: ICND2 [] CCNP []
  • Options
    tapiwav83tapiwav83 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks ,how do I install this?
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited November 2018
    The link to download this software is dead. Link takes you to a page not found.