Options

How long should I study for?

malcyboodsmalcyboods Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have 3 years working with/supporting XP Pro 1st and 2nd line support and just done the week long 2272 Installing and Administering XP Pro course.

How long would you suggest I need to study for this exam going on the above?

The only way I will apply myself to studying is if I book the exam i.e. in a month, so I'm looking for some guidance on how long it takes to study (approximately)

Cheers

Malcolm

Comments

• Options
    swagger77swagger77 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied for 2 months, and I had no experience supporting XP , just using it since it was out. I used online resources like technet and the MS book

Good Luck
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    malcyboods wrote:
    I have 3 years working with/supporting XP Pro 1st and 2nd line support and just done the week long 2272 Installing and Administering XP Pro course.

How long would you suggest I need to study for this exam going on the above?

Malcolm

I think that's a tough question...Some people can study for 1 week and pass, others take 6 months or more to pass. It just depends on how well you retain the information and how well you study. I think I am on the 2-3 month study timeframe, mostly because of my job, family, going back to school, and not having a lot of time to dedicate strictly to studying.

I think that only you will know if you are ready, as long as you are passing the practice exams with high scores, you should be okay... icon_wink.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    Thanks for the input guys, comments taken on board!

Malc
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everyone has different study habits- it all depends on yourself and how well you know the material. Pick up the MSPress book and go through the things you are unsure of.
  • Options
    Is it worth buying simulation exams online?

What are the best practice exam resources online? Are the all PDF downloads unless you're prepared to pay the £££?