Updated SSCP Study Guide at cccure.org

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
An an updated and slightly expanded version of Vijayanand Banahatti's EXCELLENT study guide for the SSCP exam is now available at cccure.org (http://www.cccure.org/Documents/SSCP/SSCP_Notes_2.0.pdf). I'm going to be using this guide quite a bit myself.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool! icon_cool.gif
    Thanks JD.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • JLLJLL Inactive Imported Users Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Based on the information in this study guide, it seems that the SSCP certification is similar in regards to topics covered, but will go more in-depth in each topic than the CompTIA Security+ certification. Is this a fair statement?

JLuna
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The SSCP actually covers a wider variety of Information Security topics, and in greater detail than the Security+ exam.

I really flinch when I see reviews that state "the SSCP exam is just a harder version of the Security+ exam." While this is technically true, it does understate the level of detail and complexity you must master in order to pass the SSCP. How easy or difficult the SSCP exam appears to be depends largely on the examinee's acquired working knowledge and experience, and not how much material they memorized from web pages and books. The same is likely true for the CISSP exam as well.

I am currently studying for the SSCP myself, and I for one do not intend on underestimating the depth and breadth of the material.
  • JLLJLL Inactive Imported Users Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:
    The SSCP actually covers a wider variety of Information Security topics, and in greater detail than the Security+ exam.

I really flinch when I see reviews that state "the SSCP exam is just a harder version of the Security+ exam." While this is technically true, it does understate the level of detail and complexity you must master in order to pass the SSCP. How easy or difficult the SSCP exam appears to be depends largely on the examinee's acquired working knowledge and experience, and not how much material they memorized from web pages and books. The same is likely true for the CISSP exam as well.

I am currently studying for the SSCP myself, and I for one do not intend on underestimating the depth and breadth of the material.

I agree totally with you on all of that JD. People often read those reviews as "Oh I just need to know the Security+ stuff better" or "I need just to spend another month studying after I pass Security+ then I'm read for SSCP". My advice would be to go into it as if you've never seen any of the material. True, there's some overlap, but let that overlap come into play naturally and don't make the mistake of counting it for more than it's worth.