Interview - URGENT answers plz

ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey folks

I have an interview tomorrow and just today i got a INTERNAL job description from them (which is a long list of requirements)

I am fine with most of them but can any one plz help me sorting out the following stuff -

1) Responsible for identification of opportunities to improve performance against EUS business plan whats this EUS business plan here? I heard this this first time in my life

2) Ensure correct apportioning of labour effort relevant to the activity performed and in line with the guidelines provided by the management team e.g. Project codes, BAU break/fix, BAU IMAC again whats this BAU break/fix, BAU IMAC ??

And finally what things should i take in with me for the interview?
:study:

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, I don't know what EUS or BAU is either. A google search for those terms and IBM didn't come up with much either (Engineering Undergraduate Society, European Union, Endoscopic Ultrasound Procedure, ephemeral update servicing, etc), although BAU could certainly be "Business As Usual".

What to bring to the interview? How about:
      Nice clothes (for an IBM interview I would certainly go with a tie and jacket/sport coat if not a suit). A copy of your resume in print and electronic format plus references. A pen (or two) and a notebook, maybe even carried in a nice business style portfolio/organizer. An idea of how much you are worth in case they ask your salary requirements. A positive (but not arrogant) attitude.

I wish you the best, good luck!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    I used to work for IBM. Are you sure it`s an IBM position or an agency working for IBM? They only employ their own ( well in the UK they do)

Dont worry about what this or that means, IBM have their own language!!! Mostly acronyms!!! Be prepared for someone to say " Did you send the DTR to the NHJT source because CQWRl require the OPSA asap"?????? Ah life as an IBM`er.. icon_lol.gif
  • ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    billybob01 wrote:
    I used to work for IBM. Are you sure it`s an IBM position or an agency working for IBM? They only employ their own ( well in the UK they do)

yeh i am preety sure i will work FOR IBM and not for any of their agencies. This is not an internal position and it was open to outsiders.
    Dont worry about what this or that means, IBM have their own language!!! Mostly acronyms!!! Be prepared for someone to say " Did you send the DTR to the NHJT source because CQWRl require the OPSA asap"?????? Ah life as an IBM`er.. icon_lol.gif

wow! and what's that LOL anyways they will give me full training if i get selected. But i was just concerned in case they ask me something. The interview went well and nothing special was asked :D

so yeh hopefully i will get this job ;)
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BAU (Business As Usual) - basically has to do with break/fix This is usually in regard to maintenance contracts.

IMAC (Installation, Moves, Adds and Changes) - this is pretty much self explainatory.

I would hazard a guess that EUS is End User Systems icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    EUS = End User Support
    IMAC- Install, Move, Add, Change
    Sounds like a managerial position and the basically want you to be proactive in a lot of situations in order to increase performance of the team.
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EUS - Is definitely End User Support
    BAU - Is definitely Business As Usual (Everyday support and issues)

I would become familiar with IBM products and services. Just in case.
  • ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks everyone

I was so nervous yesterday i couldnt even remember my name LOL ;)

I am done with the interview. It went well and hopefully i will get this job. Lets see what happens tomorrow

cheers