Questions on Net+ Exam Subject

sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All:

I am scheduled to take the Net+ on Thursday. I was wondering if those of you who took the exam can remember the frequency of questions on the following subjects:

Novell
Fiber
Apple

These seem to be my weak areas, but on practice tests I can still score upper 80's (87-89) by "best guessing" my way through these subjects. I plan on cramming those topics the last 2 days, but was curious how these might affect the outcome of the real exam. Any thoughts please? Thank you!
All things are possible, only believe.

Comments

• jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Hi All:

I am scheduled to take the Net+ on Thursday. I was wondering if those of you who took the exam can remember the frequency of questions on the following subjects:

Novell
    Fiber
    Apple

Here is what I wrote right after I passed it, I copied this from my other post:
    "I only had one question regarding RAID and none that mentioned NAS or SAN. A small handful of Novell related questions. 2 or 3 that required knowing what Port a service used. A good bit of Troubleshooting (network and connectivity, including remote access)."

I don't recall much on fiber...maybe 1-2 questions on distance of cables and that sort.

Apple was about the same, just a couple of questions.

Mostly it was troubleshooting, make sure you are good on troubleshooting and what tools to use and when to use them!

I was getting 90% everytime on practice tests and passed Net+ with a 703, so I was happy about that. :D

I didn't think the exam was that hard at all, but that's just me...I did realize that if I had taken this one -before- I tried CCNA last January, I may have done better and passed it. Net+ and CCNA have a lot of the same material, CCNA just goes into more detail.
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks jpeezy. That's kind of what I thought, a couple each novell/fiber/apple. I can handle that.

Troubleshooting those scenario questions and pictuers is easy stuff, and I have the OSI 99% down pat. Also highly profficient in TCP/IP and know about 50 ports/services as I work with firewalls daily.

Anything else I should brush up on? Wireless maybe? I know the basics like 802.11a/b/g, bluetooth, WAPs and WEP etc.

Thanks again!
  • jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    sprkymrk,

Goodluck on the test, Im also planning to take up as soon as I finish my review and get a good grades on practice exam.
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Anything else I should brush up on? Wireless maybe? I know the basics like 802.11a/b/g, bluetooth, WAPs and WEP etc.

Thanks again!

If you have those basics down, you should be fine...Knowing the OSI Model like you do will be an added benefit. I think there were just some questions on where devices reside, like switches and routers. I'd say the majority of it dealt with troubleshooting scenarios. They throw a handful of everything else in just to mix it up, but nothing really in-depth, not even with OSI.

As I stated before, if you are nailing the practice exams (I used ExamCram2 and Mike Meyer's practice exams and read the ExamCram2 book...I did not like Meyer's book at all, just the practice questions. I also use the Technotes from here, they were a great source of info!)...anyway, if you are hitting 90% or better on those, then you will not have any problem at all. I even found some free online practice tests and tried those just to mix up my questions and did well on those too...that gave me the confidence to go in and pass :D

I even hit one stretch during the actual exam where I had such short (and easy) questions that I literally, no exaggeration, got through about 10 questions in under 1 minute. I think it was some on where the devices reside or the length of cables, and if you know that, you'll fly right through them and be confident you got them right.

Tomorrow is the day, huh? You'll do fine! I'll be looking for the "I passed!" post on Thursday evening! :P

Good Luck!!!
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks again jpeezy. I'll let you know tomorrow night how it went.