Options

Books for BSCI

zeus_rzeus_r Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I am planning to prepare for BSCI.
Please let me know about the good books available for the exam.
And moreover for CCNA i had used BOSON netsim, will that be enough for BSCI or a hands on experience on the real equipment is neccesary.
Thanks and Regards,
Zeus.

Comments

• Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    I would advise :

- Jeff Doyle, Routing TCP/IP
    - CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), 2nd Edition Catherine Paquet, Diane Teare

and lot of hands on...
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    nishantvshahnishantvshah Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Naimor,

the jeff doyle book is great. but thats for CCIE prep.... i think the second one would be the best for now...

what say.. icon_wink.gif
    Mission CCNP....

Not far away....
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    I can't put the ExamCram2 BSCI book down! I'm on my second go round with it; the first time I read it cover to cover without breaking. I first read the Sybex Complete CCNP (BSCI portion). After reading that one the ExamCram seemed to make all of the dots connect, if you understand my meaning. Anyway, just my .02
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    the CCNP book by catherine paquet is very easy to read...great book! A good reference is the jeff doyle book TCP/IP Routing.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Hi Niamor,

the jeff doyle book is great. but thats for CCIE prep.... i think the second one would be the best for now...

what say.. icon_wink.gif

I find this book very complete and pleasent to read. Technologies and protocols are described in depth with good explanations that it deems you easy.
    I use to study other materials more than the minimum required.
    It depends on your goal, just pass the exam or skill you more and get the cert...
    Teare and Packet is actually the best official guide to prepare the BSCI exam in Cisco Press products.
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs