Options

CCNA looking for study partners in Columbus, OH

darwinismdarwinism Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am located on the Westside of Columbus. I am beginning work on my CCNA next week and looking to see if anyone is around here. This is my lab so far:

Routers

Cisco 2620 x2
Cisco 2514
Cisco 2511 Terminal Server

Switches

Cisco WS-C2924-XL
Cisco WS-C1924C

Wics

WIC-1DSU-T1 (T1 DSU/CSU) x2
NM-4A/S 4 port serial modules
WIC-2T 2 port Smart Serial module

Servers

2-2U rackmount servers (1 Debian and 1 FreeBSD)
3 Desktops 2 Dells and a Dual PIII something, havent even plugged it in yet :) (2 Running Windows XP and the other will be running Debian or Fedora.

I have been working for ISP's for about 4 years now. All of the ISP's I have worked for have been Wireless. I have given 4 seminars at WISPCon so by no means am I totally green :) If anyone in the local area is interested let me know.
If you are living in the Columbus, OH area and studying for the CCNA click the following link.

Comments

• Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Man, I am about to start studying also. I just have 2 2500's , 2501 and 2503. I live in Cincinnati though. I have studied for all my other certs on my own so why not another. I would like a study partner though.
  • Options
    That would be cool as well. Just noticed a thread about some others from TN doing something simular, thought Id try it out.
    If you are living in the Columbus, OH area and studying for the CCNA click the following link.

• Options
    Well maybe we can work something out. Do you have any previous experience with Cisco, cause i have minimal experience.
  • Options
    Not a great deal. Just configuring routers for the ISP's that I have worked with. Nothing very advanced.

• Options
    Ok, I know that Col. is about 90 minutes away but like I said, maybe we can do an every other week study session or something.
  • Options
    pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Darwanism, I did get your message. Yes I live in Columbus OH (North of 270). Though, I've been feeling sick for the last 2 weeks and am going to get some MRI's done to be sure that I don't have some sort of neuro disease. It sucks because I have been interviewing for a new job and am on the brink of just calling it off so that I don't have to worry about a health insurance change.

Anyway, sob story aside, I may contact you later.
    Good luck,

Allan
  • Options
    We can also use technology to our advantage. We could possibly work via NetMeeting, skype, or something else. I have a VoIP phone with a headset if we wanted to teleconference. I get free long distance so it shouldn't be a big deal. We could also meet up, but this would give us a way to work inbetween live meetings. Tell me what you think.

• Options
    jcconsultingjcconsulting Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    although I dont live in the area let me know if you guys do a chat or an some online communications. thanks.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan. Let me know when you are ready to partake in this. I am going to need a lil help with getting things set up, but I am more than willing to listen and learn.
  • Options
    How do you think we should do this? Obviously we all arent going to learn at the same pace. What kind of study material do you guys have? I have the lab and the Cisco press books, Self-study guide and the CCNA IOS cmmand reference book. I have some simulators as well to get me by untill my lab shows up next week.

• Options
    bump, anyone?