Options

Boson NetSim 6.0 CCNP

doomzdaydoomzday Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys...i'm new here and i am reviewing for CCNA. i've download the boson netsim 6.0 for CCNP and tried to use it as demo version. wow....major commands are not found..hehehe it does not even have the command for changing the "hostname".

for full version, the program is asking for an activation key....can anyone help me???

Comments

• Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    doomzday wrote:
    for full version, the program is asking for an activation key....can anyone help me???

You can call Boson sales, use their web site, or the option in the program to activate it.
  • Options
    aleksfaleksf Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello!

I advice you to try dynamips (MIPS emulator) which is under GPL.
    With this you are able to run a fully functional C7200 high-end router image.
    All the commands are available :)
    Predator#show ver
    Cisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-JS-M), Version 12.4(3), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Those that have used the latest version of the Boson Sim, how do you find it? Since the demo is so limiting, it's hard to tell. I've heard mixed reviews. I might want to use it for CCNP myself.
  • Options
    homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    It suits my needs for now (CCNA), but I'm afraid it will not offer what we need for CCNP. When CCNP time comes I'm preparing to spend so that I can get a good home lab.