Options

Saving\Reloading NETSIM configs

ceejay3001ceejay3001 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey guys,

im using the full ccnp netsim v6 - but i find when i create toplogies - ie 2 routers connected together completey configured with hostname, ip addresses, RIP, etc ----when i save the config and then reload it, half the configuration doesnt load -as if it was not configured.

any ideas why this happens - its ennoying because as you know it takes a while to set up a topology --which you can practise on - but you dont want to have to repeat the config all the time

also is there anywhere where i can download already configured routers, switches,toplolgies (top files)

thanks

Comments

• Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    Besides saving the topology, are you absolutely sure that you are saving the configurations in the routers?
  • Options
    yea - i do a file save multi config devices...it does this in a sec! when i do a reload- it takes about 2 mins and half the config is there

are you always doing 'copy run start'

do yours 'saves' always load exactly as saved - thanks for your assistance bud
  • Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    I'm talking about doing write mem or copy running-config startup-config on each device as you make changes. If you intend to learn how to use network devices so you can get a job, you had better learn to do this without thinking.
  • Options
    cool cool -- i just dont understand how half the config saves with out a copy run start at all then - guess thats a bug --but ill make sure i do that on each device -i thought the whole point of the gui save option would do this automatically- as the toplogy is already saved from the design--

nice one for confirming

how abot getting hold of pre configured top files for netsim!!!
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Of course if the topology is intact, you could save the config elsewhere, assuming the sim lets you do that. At the very least, a cut and paste?
  • Options
    darwinismdarwinism Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how abot getting hold of pre configured top files for netsim!!!

Kind of defeats the purpose of learning how to configure the routers doesnt it?
    If you are living in the Columbus, OH area and studying for the CCNA click the following link.

CCNA looking for study partners in Columbus, OH
  • Options
    defeats the object! was there any point even posting that!

feel better do we!

nothing wrong with looking at examples!
  • Options
    Umm, yes?
    If you are living in the Columbus, OH area and studying for the CCNA click the following link.

• Options
    atleast achieve a certification before getting cocky!
  • Options
    I sincerely appologize if you took this as cocky. To me it just seemed like common sense. I will refrain from posting in your threads untill I recieve my first cert, since I am clueless untill I recieve my first cert icon_rolleyes.gif