Options

router sims

rgoslingrgosling Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_eek.gif hi just failed the ccna with a score of 807 ,i got 33 percent on routing protocols and wan services.Got 90 to 100% on everything else.
i just want to confirm on one of the sims i had to configure rip i did this and pinged across the routers (all ok) but i didn't save the config to nvram .i assume that if its working ok you get it right .do you get penalised for not saving it to nvram

Comments

• Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    i did the same thing and got a 785 score the sims let me down, they dont let u issue debug commands and would not let me save to nvram and i had full connectivity when pingin and all interfaces were configured and enabled and the routers were configured to route packets so i dont know what i was supposed to do on that sim, the hardest thing is figuring out what they want you to do icon_sad.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    jontebondjontebond Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ALLLLWAYYYSYSYSYSYSYSY use:
    copy running-config startup-config
    else you will not get a single point for the SIM.
    REMEMBER

after you done, check
    show startup-config
  • Options
    hmm i ttried to issue that command and it said that this command was not supported in this version or somethin similar just like the debug commands and would not let me view startup config. I think it was the etwork commands that needed changin as they were not network numbers they were addresses of serial interfaces like 201.100.11.1 not the network number 201.100.11.0 but im not sure
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    kicker22kicker22 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    that is weird.. I wonder what the solution is for this kind of problem..

I still didnt do my ccna test, I am waiting to feel confident enough to go and take the test...

but anyway,

I wonder what happened with you guys for it not to let you save it or so..

morad
  • Options
    i def think it was the rip config the network addresses i checked all layers from ground up from physical to data link using various troubleshooting commands the other sim was easy just had to config some ethernet interfaces but that question still puzzles me cos ive had alot of practice on real 2501 routers at uni.

very weird indeed did anyone else get this question or thinks we are missing the obvious?

holler back at us
  • Options
    kicker22kicker22 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think I got it.. not sure though...

when I did practice test that I got from CCNA Cisco book (CD)...
    and I did one of the sims questions... that asked me to configure the interface with ip address/mask and so on..

and I DID!
    it was easy..

but guess what? I GOT IT WRONG!
    apparently, I needed to type "end" at the end
    for the software to consider the my answer right..

kicker