Options

CCNP LAB WOOHOO FUN FUNz!

HELLZxPHADERHELLZxPHADER Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
diagram4bish.jpg

crappy cell cam pic for now bah3.jpg

and heres the new one lol
l5.jpg

Memory still isnt maxed but its ok, i run isis on the 2500s and everything else on the 2600s

Suggestions, comments and questions- feel free to ask!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Suggestions, comments and questions
    I think you got the lab for the CCNP covered. :D

How's your airflow, cooling, and backup power?

Hum... a 3550 already -- will you be admitting anytime soon that you may have asperations past the CCNP? icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Certainly looks like a fun lab icon_cool.gif

My only suggestion is to change the IP addressing scheme and use private addresses only.
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    Suggestions, comments and questions
    I think you got the lab for the CCNP covered. :D

How's your airflow, cooling, and backup power?

Hum... a 3550 already -- will you be admitting anytime soon that you may have asperations past the CCNP? icon_cool.gif

I am not worried bout air flow yet, the 3550 is the hottest device out of everything. Im not using backup power yet, is it really needed? 11 device all running i think consumes no more than 500 watt, that should be equal to 3 normal pc or 2 high end pc right? I'm living in a garage turned into a room, I rewired powerlines to my main box. Two pc, cisco stuff, 3 lights and some small other devices is all that runs in here. If a backup still needed i think i'd want a rack mountable one to save space.

I read on a cisco forum that the ccie default lab devices were gonna change soon, to 3700/3800 routers along with 3550 and another switch. Once I finish ccnp I think im gonna hang on to the 3550 and 2500s then sell the 2600/2950 and invest in another 3550 along with one 3700,3800 to start. I dont know though plans change sometimes lol.
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    Certainly looks like a fun lab icon_cool.gif

My only suggestion is to change the IP addressing scheme and use private addresses only.

I have a friend that remotes to this lab, I try to make the addressing real simple and easy to remember for both of us. I originally wanted to make the whole thing 10.xx.xx.xx would that be better?
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a friend that remotes to this lab, I try to make the addressing real simple and easy to remember for both of us. I originally wanted to make the whole thing 10.xx.xx.xx would that be better?

I agree with webmaster,its better to get into good habits now.If you continue down the track of picking random ip addresses it might come back to sting you in the future.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$