Options

passed 70-270 (barely)

brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
I thought I was prepaired for this test. I studied the MS press book, on and off, for a year, did all of the exercises in my home lab, for the last couple of months went throught the practice questions in the back of the book a few times, went through all of the questions on the CDs that came with the book a few times. I understood all of this. I had read that it was harder than A+ and Net+ but I was sure that with all of this studying I was going to get a good score, but once I got through the first couple of questions on the test I felt like I hadn't really studied this stuff at all. I was really just taking my best guess on most of the questions. By the time I was a third through it I was just hoping I would pass.

I ended up with a score of 747. I don't know where I went wrong. I don't want this to happen again. I am starting to study for 70-290 and want to make sure I do better on that. I will post a question about that on the 70-290 forum.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is it possible you did the same practice tests too many times? This can build a false sense of confidence. Try to use more than one source. Read one book's chapter and see if you can do the practice questions in the other book, and vice versa.

Hey, at least you did pass. Congrats!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_exclaim.gif
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude - a pass is a pass......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    That's not too bad of a score. I got an even 700 on 292, which supprised me. Now THAT's barely passing.
  • Options
    brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congrats. I probably was over confident. This is the first test I have taken using only one study source. I won't make that mistake again.