Is CCNP blueprint changing?

thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
I been reading some info that by late this year CCNP blueprint is gonna be changing, but i have yet to see any info on cisco site. Anyone got any information?

http://www.netcominfo.com/certifications/18/CCNP_Cisco_Certified_Networking_Professional_training.html
Switches are bridges on steroids!

Comments

• steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    I have also heard this mentioned a few times. Right now all we can do is speculate, but it's not impossible.

I would be very interested to see what the new exam/s (If any) would cover. :D
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The only thing I've seen is someone asking about the "new beta exams" and providing a link to the Cisco web page showing the beta exams that expired a couple of years ago when the last major change happened (640-->642).

When the CCSP exams totally changed, it was announced last September and you had until last February to finish the old retiring exams.

Cisco seems to be pretty good about providing a "mix 'n match" certification path when they do major changes to their exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Hi,

Cisco generally change its exams each 3 years.
    Last time was in 2003 when 642-8xx series replaced 642-50x.
    I guess they'll modify it soon but no official note was released at the moment, only rumors...

They always notify 90 days before any update.

You just have to check the exam change page on Cisco website.
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs