Options

OFF TOPIC " BGP iis very very diffucult"

Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, I am now reading about BGP routing protocol and no doubt it's very difficult to understand. After reading chapter 8 , watch CBT , read some documents from Cisco website , open my CCNP academy and ofcourse applying it to my cisco routers.

I Just want to know if its play a big role on BSCI exam?
Sometimes I forgot what I read about Is-Is and OSPF , all info are mixing on my head.

Comments

• Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    The biggest mistake people make on BGP is trying to understand it in the same context as the IGPs that they have learned about. It is a completely different type of routing protocol, and you should learn it on its own merits without trying to compare it to any other routing protocol that you know.

It is not really so much more difficult as it is very different.
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    BGP can be pretty complex, but the BSCI exam covers it at a relatively superficial level.

For BSCI, generally you need to know how BGP works internally & externally, know about synchronization & rules of forwarding routes, peer setup, next-hop, the main decision making process regarding the attributes of weight, local-preference, as_path, origin, MED, be able to read route-maps, and how to read the output of the various BGP cli commands.

That's about it in a nutshell.
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□