Options

Basic question

So I just started reading the MSpress 70-270 book, and I found an issue in the first chapter.

Turning off the welcom screen and having ctrl+alt+del method come up....

I go in to control panels, then in to the user accounts, however, once I am there I dont see the"Change The Way Users Log On Or Off" nor the "Use The Welcome Screen". I only see little hyperlink looking options that say add new user or similar things.

Not that its a big deal, just want to make sure I am able to work through everything in this book.

Cheers!
GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)

Comments

• Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    On my PC, it's there on the Advanced tab.
  • Options
    grey foxgrey fox Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If I remember rightly only Administrators can change logon settings, so the first thing to check would be that the account you are using has sufficient privileges.
  • Options
    nuglobenuglobe Member Posts: 190
    I was in admin. I solved it in a very odd fashion, and dont really know what happened. Anyway, I logged off and logged in and it wasnt there. I tried restarting, and it wasnt there. So I created another admin account and a test client user. I tried it out in both of them, no luck.. but after I logged back in to my original account and was trying to explain it to my girlfriend... it was there. icon_redface.gif

It really wasnt there at first though. icon_eek.gif
    GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats odd :P

The MS book is good- going through it now myself. Good luck w/ the studying.
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    "Turning off the welcom screen and having ctrl+alt+del method come up.... "

GPEDIT.MSC>computer configuration>windows settings>security settings>local policies>Interactive logon:Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL = Disable.

Atleast thats how we use it at work.
    GL
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.