Options

Strange behaviour by assigning Software

DunkelzahnDunkelzahn Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

if just experienced and verified a for me strange behavior of assigning Software by a GPO.

If you assign a Software-Package to a User by a GPO it´s being installed as it should. If then the user removes the Software via System/Software it´s installed again as soon as the User logs on again. For me, that´s the way it should happen. :)

If you now assign the Software-Package to a computer everything is the same at the beginning. After a restart, the software is installed. But if you now remove it via System/Software it´s gone! Even after a restart nothing happens. The funny thing is you can see an entry in System/Software to remove the Software but the software is not installed again. icon_confused.gif

If I assign the Software to a User I can check this nice option to remove the program from System/Software but that´s not possible if I assign the Software to a computer. icon_confused.gif

Does anybody has an explanation for this? Does this happen on purpose or is it just a misconfiguration? Is there a way to avoid this?

hilser

Maik