setting up a lab at home with 2501 router....

seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
hi every1, im setting up a cisco lab at home to aid my ability to practise configuration but im wondering what kit i should be lookin out for. I was thinkin the following:-

a cisco 2501 router 2 1912 switches and my 3 pcs at home. Will this suffice? Has anyone done similar at home. I want to be able to use my broadband cable connection to my 3 pcs as im using a linksys router at the mo with a wan connection input so ill need an RJ 45 input for WAN.

If anyone has done this already any advice would be a godsend.
Congrats to all thats passed and gud luck 2 anyone preparin for CCNA
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You will need at least 2 routers. 2 switches is nice, but not necessary.

I'm going to pick up two 2501 routers tomorrow to create more TechLabs ( www.techexams.net/technotes/ccna/lab_1_rip.shtml ), and a step by step guide to create your own lab.
  • seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    thanks for the advice, i believe that there is no substitute for real configuration. I had alot of practice on the CNAP programme but its bin a while so i need to refresh. Im findin it hard to track down any 1900 switches tho. Also my broadband is DHCP so how do i assign addresses to my machines as i connection states that im only supposed to have 1 node attached icon_rolleyes.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '