Options

Remote Desktop admin problem

alisoomroalisoomro Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everybody

i m new in windows 2000 server i have installed windows 2000 server on my matchine and installed active directroy and domain as well but i m facing problem how can in connected to remote desktop of my matchine i dont have other matchine connected to my matchine i want to connect to my matchine it self please help me how can i do it

thanks

Comments

• Options
    kovokovo Member Posts: 122
    In "System Properties" select the Remote tab and tick the option "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer", under Remote Desktop.
    Go to All programs, Accessories, Communications, select Remote Desktop Connection. Type the computer name or IP.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am a little confused?

You have Server 2003 on your machine and you are wanting to connect to it from another machine?

Just use the RDP client on the other machine and go to either the server name or the IP address if you are connecting on the local network. If you are connecting externally you will need the site IP address and a rule put in the router for RDP.

This is of course if you are connecting as Administrator - if not you will need to configure an account with the appropriate permissions.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are using Server 2000 (as opposed to Server 2003) you have to install the Terminal Services (Remote Administration Mode) from the Add/Remove Windows Components of your Add/Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel, unless you already selected that during the installation of Windows 2000 Server.

To connect from a Windows 2000 client (Pro or Server) you may need to create a Floppy Disk set from the Windows 2000 Server you have Terminal Services installed on. Go to Administrative Tools and look for the Terminal Services Client Creator set or something similar. However, you can also download the latest RDP Client from MS (much better option):
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx

If you are using XP and Server 2003 just do what RussS suggested.
    All things are possible, only believe.