Documentation DVD

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
Is it possible to buy the doc dvd if you are not registered on cisco.com?
I'm not working for a service partner or any of the things they request!
Does anyone have any links where i can buy this? Thanks
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    The DVD is not as complete or up-to-date as the real thing. Here is the link to the real thing: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, i have the link already,i dont like surfing when i study i prefer to have info on my harddrive or dvd quick, i dont have patients.It's a pity teleport pro ant grap it for me!
  • BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    I sometimes wished I had it on my laptop, but the web site is all that is allowed on the CCIE lab. It pays big benefits to become very familiar with it. I got to the point where I could find anything on it in a few seconds.

Many of the web documents are also available in PDF, but you won't have Acrobat Reader on the lab exam. When I was studying something, I would download the PDFs for what I was studying.

As I understand it, the search feature is now disabled on the lab exam, but I don't think I used that since I knew where to find everything I needed.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can get into the stores with a guest level Cisco website registration.

The Documentation Store link on this page may force you to log in....
    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/marketplace/welcome.pl
    (the feature link to the doc DVD doesn't work -- probably pointing to June DVD -- go through the Documentation Store)

I got a March Doc DVD -- its handy for when your internet connection is slow or non-existant. Once you've figured out the navigation of the Doc CD/Technical Documentation Web Site -- it doesn't matter where you read the material when you are studying. For those quick lookups, I still use the web site since I don't keep the dvd loaded.

I think it was worth the $75.....

On the other hand, having the Doc DVD still hasn't prevented me from downloading those darn large PDF files onto my laptop from the web site... icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cheers Mike, i didnt read clearly that about the accounts.Anyway i've ordered the dvd, i'm probably gonna burn an image of the dvd to my harddrive and then use virtual daemon to read it, this is what i usually do so i dont have to mess with cds, hopefully it will do the same job with a dvd.