Options

HELP Dyanmips

Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
I successfully install the Dynamips in XP windows.
I issue the command list to see the list of routers I have.

But when I issue the telnet it's just giving me a telnet window. I read the doc file that I can edit the dynagen.ini, I change the telnet = start telnet %h %p to telnet = start telnet R1 2001.

After this I tried the sample lab2 and the image is loading but it gives me unknown CPU card Type
reload requested

Still giving me a blank window?can someone help me.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What versions of Dynagen/Dynamips are you running?

If it isn't a configuration issue, it sounds like you might have hit a bug that's been fixed in the latest version of Dynamips (TCP console binding problem?).

The latest Dynagen (version 0.4.2) bundles Dynamips 0.2.5 RC1, while Dynamips 0.2.5 RC2 has that bug fix.

When is doubt, check the blog at http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/blog/

I've missed a couple of Dynagen/Dynamips releases.... so I'll try to load the latest tonight....

WhooHoo! icon_cheers.gif Dynagen has had support for the new Dynamips Ethernet switch for almost 3 weeks now! I can't believe how fast development on Dynamips (and Dynagen) is moving!!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Yeah I checked and search on the net about the error and found out that there is a new version.

I can't believe it I am using a 7200 IOS wow....

After doing some configuration, testing I decided to connect 5 computers using this simulator. I installed 2 nic on each PC to connect them. Using RIP as routing protocol because it's late already and it works.

I will try to connect this sim to my home lab and let see if it will work.
    If it works , then I will use this as my BGP connection disttribute it to my real router set as OSPF and this OSPF configured router are connected to my Linksys router again distribution.

One question, Is is possible to connect 3 router conencted to a switched I am planning to test the DR election but my routers only have 1 ether port.
  • Options
    Mike do you know how to create an extra fa on dynagen?