Best Study Materials for 70-290?

Jonboy76Jonboy76 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just ordered the 2nd Edition MSPress book for this exam. It is the Self-Training Kit. What other resources should I use? I've been in the IT field for some time now, but haven't used 2K3 since my last job. At my current job we use Netware. I've taken two Microsoft exams. 70-210, which I passed (primarily using the Transcender software) and 70-215, which I failed. I took both of these about two years ago, so I want to go the 2K3 path instead. Anyway, any advice on what study materials to get would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Transcender is excellent for practice tests, but all you need to do is go right here: http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php to find some of the best study resources you will ever find! There is some serious work put into these (and the practice exams too) and I highly recommend looking there. As far as books go, I am using the same MS-Press book you are, and I sometimes get a second one (just for a change of view and another practice exam) and I have used ExamCram2 mostly. Others have used different ones and will post with their thoughts on them too, so check back often!

Good Luck! :D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • kaur812kaur812 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently revising for this exam and plan to take it in a few weeks. I used the same MS Press book and also Syngress book. I liked the MS Press book, because it was better organised and didn't have so many mistakes. Syngress was good, because it was more in depth in some areas, for example IIS, but sometimes it was too in depth and boring to read. For revising I am using Transcender and also the Readiness Review Suite that came with MS Press book.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets, MSPRESS, Virtual Server, Help + Support (which is actually quite informative), and Technet. Scored a 940.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks