Options

Passed 700, yeah a little to close for my liking

dmwdmw Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Needed a 700 and got a 700. This was a lot more difficult than I had anticipated. I read through the Syngress book once then used the MS Press book alot, Testout, and had a home lab setup with vmware. Took about 2 months to study for this.

I had 42 questions and finished with 1:50 on the clock. I had about 10 questions on backup and vss. About 5 sims and a few other drag and drop or questions with exhibits. Some of the questions were obscure and kind of pissed me off. One on syntax using a vbscript to add users (it was a drag and drop but still, backup questions pertaining to how to pause or modify scheduled tasks from the command line were a bit much. I had 3 to 4 on scheduled tasks? I just didn’t feel like it was mimicking real world knowledge. Thanks for the sims they are more of a test I think

I know I passed and it probably looks bad ranting but I am just being honest. Maybe I just think I know it better than a 700. I am going to review a bunch and then move on to The Beast.
Rebooting computers since 1999

Comments

• Options
    dmwdmw Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BTW I feel like an ingrate. Thanks to everyone here that posts info to questiions and the tech notes!
    Rebooting computers since 1999
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    you still passed... which means im still jealous... congrats
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I did the same with 292. I felt the VBScript question was grossly unfair. It wasn't testing you on your knowledge of the commandline utilites, but on VB which you probably weren't exposed to, and I haven't seen any book cover the basics of VB for the test, only that it could be used.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Good job on the pass!!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    A pass is a pass , no matter what score ;) , Good luck on next !
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass ...... Anyway, you made it , that is the most important !
    But this scares me, I am planning on taking the exam in 2 weeks (maybe 2 at a time) .... I tried some tests, and yes ! Sometimes I get so mad while doing those icon_evil.gif Hope I am going to be acustomed to that !!! :)

Again ! CONGRATS !!!
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ya, the vbscript question is bs. Thing is, it's easy to figure out where the objects should be placed. The bs thing about it is, it's not testing you on knowledge, rather it's testing you on problem solving for that one.

Also, I had a bunch of questions on schtasks as well. I used cbtnuggets to study, mspress, sybex, and lots of home lab. Not one of those materials did it say anything in regards to knowing schtasks.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    there are only two scores ....pass or fail.

The 700 just lets you know that you rushed things.
    Congrats
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    bcairns wrote:
    there are only two scores ....pass or fail.

The 700 just lets you know that you rushed things.
    Congrats

I dont agree totally...

pass/fail would be a retrospect score. Did you know the material or not.

The number score would be a score in prospect, very rarely do people write an exam and stop, right? It's part of a progress of learning, the score helps you to know how to take what's happened and apply it in future situations, ie your next exam.

dmw, Congrats on the pass btw. Good job!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Good job passing. Whoa, I've never heard of a 700 score.
    I totally sympathize with your frustration. I had the same issues, including the VBScript question. Totally unfair.
    Good job!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.