Options

Passed today Score 775

kkaltsaskkaltsas Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
First cert exam ever for me, part of my WGU program. I was nervous. I have been studying the last 3 weeks, went through the entire Self Paced kit blue book and cd rom tests, Measure Up cert tests, the practice test here, the guides here, and a few other misc tidbits from sites around the net.

I had 5 sims I think, not too bad I think I did best on those actually.

Thanks for the guides and the posts here, it surely helped. Next up I think 291 and then iNet+.

Comments

• Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Like me man , Good luck on next one's !
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Grats! great... jealous of another person icon_sad.gif
    Studying is taking me longer than expected. Thanks alot life! grrr.

WGU program?
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    kanundrakanundra Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Don't understudy on the 291, it's a bear.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    What about 270 and an elective? INet isn't a valid elective for MCSA.
    If you are going to take 291, if you pass you are halfway towards an MCSA.
  • Options
    kkaltsaskkaltsas Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello. WGU = Western Governors University. I am in a Bachelor of Science program for Information Technologies. Part of the program is certifications. Its prety nice I like it a lot.

Thats why I am taking iNet+ in there before 270 and/or elective. I actually havent decided if I am even going to take either. Right now I just want to get mmy degree and be done with school after 5.5 years and 3 universities. Based on my transcripts, WGU waived the areas covered by the 270 and Network+ (the MCSA elective). I can still take the exams if I want though. iNet+ scheduled for Monday. Then 291, then who knows. Cheers.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Just so you know, net+ is not enough to count as an MCSA elective. You also need A+. When you complete those 2 certs, you fill out a web form to have Comptia forward those certs to MS.

I'd advise doing it though. Many employers look for the certs, and use the degree as a secondary consideration.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Good job icon_thumright.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    Merola132Merola132 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey...Grats dude

i guess im gonna try the 70-290 soon, gonna be my first cert exam icon_eek.gif

ive been studying a little for a few days and i guess im weak on "Manage and Implement Disaster Recovery" icon_sad.gif

hey, anyone here knows if, after u get the cert, in somewhere it says in what language did u made the exam? :)

btw, Im new here...so: HELLO ALL!

icon_cool.gif

Merola