Options

A very diffcult problem !!!!!!!!!

eng_ahmedaseng_ahmedas Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All
How r u all ??? I wish u r in a good health. I have a very serious problem and i wish u could find solution to it.

I have Catalyst 2950 Switch and the problem that its console is damaged and one of my student erase its IOS.

Can anyone tell me how to recover the IOS Image ???????

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    brAunbrAun Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    first u need an back up IOS and perform the password recovery and copy the back up ios back to the switch.
    Failure is the mother of success, just never stop trying :)
  • Options
    marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can use your aux port, at least I think :)
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches
  • Options
    darwinismdarwinism Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Typically switches dont have AUX ports.
    If you are living in the Columbus, OH area and studying for the CCNA click the following link.

CCNA looking for study partners in Columbus, OH
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Without a console port, I don't see how you can manage the switch any more than you can drive a car if the car is locked and all the key slots to the locks are broken.

Except if the flash is removable and you can find a way to externally transplant the IOS to it.
  • Options
    marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah switch... icon_rolleyes.gif

this one definitely needs some service :) it shouldn't be so hard to repair, even if your console is damaged electronically.
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches
  • Options
    hectorjhrdzhectorjhrdz Member Posts: 127
    you can take the flash from another sw and put it.

i can´t remember if the 2950 has more than one flash slots. if yes, just take the empty flash and put it into the second slot of another device rtr or sw and then perform the copy or download the image from a tftp server.

good luck
  • Options
    routingbyrumorroutingbyrumor Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi! no one mentioned Xmodem. I was able to do that we I wiped out my IOS as well. It takes some time but works.
  • Options
    routingbyrumorroutingbyrumor Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Opps didn't read carefully his Console port is damaged so Xmodem would be out of the question.