Options

How to Deny Domain user Install Software in workstation

mean_pcmean_pc Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
How to Deny Domain user Install Software in workstation?? Please help me

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Try a software restriction policy (hash rule).
    witty comment
  • Options
    software restriction policy only is restrict software, I want deny domain user install
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    It should work anyway. After all the exe or msi or whathaveyou is an app, so just create a hash rule for the file to prevent it from running, and no one will be able to open the file and thus will be prevented from installing it.
    witty comment
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Group Policy should take care of that if deployed correctly. Deny them administrative rights and they should not be able to install anything. The hash rule will only work for one application at a time. If you want to block them from being able to install just about everything, group policy is the way to do it. Of course it will not block them from being able to install applications that do not modify the registry but you could use the hash rules for that.[/i]
  • Options
    TMM3TMM3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How about granting a 'User' the right to install progs? I have not been able to find that in GP. Any ideas?
  • Options
    rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    TMM3 wrote:
    How about granting a 'User' the right to install progs? I have not been able to find that in GP. Any ideas?

A user unless restricted should be able to install sw onto a workstation by default. You could however deploy a set amount of sw through GP and allow them to install it by going into add/remove programs and slecting item to install.
  • Options
    icon_sad.gif I don't know how to do
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    First make sure they don't have admin rights on the workstation...

Is it a specific software?
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I am sure you could disable the MS Installer for the user, which would disable the ability to install the majority of apps. However if you allow a user to run any application he wants, rather than a specific list, , if an app used its own installer, there would not be any way of distinguishing that app that happens to be an installer from any other app and inhibit it.