Options

Whats going on.... pillar to post (Some1 HELP!!!)

alexparkeralexparker Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, i started 70-270 a week ago after passing a+ and n+, and i am REALLY confused, the MS book says one thing, techexams says another, and the practice tests mark you wrong on a question you KNOW is right (based on the MS book), for example, printer permissions, the book clearly states that manage printers has the rights of manage documents, yet in the ms test exams it says you need to apply both manage document and manage printers!!!!!!!! is anyone else confused, or is it just me looking to far into things.

I have a fair bit of experience with xp but this exam is confusing the hell out of me. any advice, or help would be appreciated, also how hard is the actual exam compared to test questions, and one more thing.... compression states on folders on NTFS volumes, i cant get my head around that HELP!!!!!!!!!. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Could you genetically modify a penguin so that it was 7 inches tall and lived in an icy bath tub???????

Comments

• Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    trust the MS book and your experience , and the real exam , is more easier than you think ;)
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    what do you mean by manage? Are you referring to group policies?

If an account is permitted to print to a printer, it has nothing to do with what kind of documents they can access.

In terms of 'manage printers has the rights of manage doucments' are you talking about sharing it? It's the same protocol that shares printers and documents.

ps. compression is ONLY available on NTFS, plus additional security though XP supports FAT32 AND NTFS
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    what do you mean by manage? Are you referring to group policies?

If an account is permitted to print to a printer, it has nothing to do with what kind of documents they can access.

In terms of 'manage printers has the rights of manage doucments' are you talking about sharing it? It's the same protocol that shares printers and documents.

ps. compression is ONLY available on NTFS, plus additional security though XP supports FAT32 AND NTFS

Printers have security permissions just like files and folders, and AD objects. There are different print specific permissions and rights one could have and be given, which would allow different functions.

When in doubt, try it out. Besides, you'll never forget it once you do.
    I have seen mistakes in various study guides, mostly with Sybex (or was it Syngress?) stating you couldn't change a group to/from a universal from any othe group scope. Found out that wasn't true. As long as other nesting rules weren't violated, you could switch in/out of being universal as your heart desired. What I found through trial was that you could not change local directly to global or vice versa. I say directly, since you could change a local to universal, then universal to global, as well as the reverse.
  • Options
    alexparkeralexparker Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cheers everyone 4 u r replies, i am about two weeks away from sitting my exam, by the way group to universal etc etc, whats all that about, as i haven't fully read my MS book yet.

What should be my main topics of study (what am i going to get questions on the most)
    Could you genetically modify a penguin so that it was 7 inches tall and lived in an icy bath tub???????
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Sorry to say but if your still this lost i dont think you should be sitting it in two weeks unless you plan to study hard from now until then and still may be too soon.

As you said yourself only yesterday.....
    Well, i started 70-270 a week ago after passing a+ and n+, and i am REALLY confused

No offence meant what-so-ever.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Danman32 wrote:
    "I have seen mistakes in various study guides, mostly with Sybex (or was it Syngress?) stating you couldn't change a group to/from a universal from any othe group scope. "

Don't panic icon_smile.gif He is talking about domains now .... (290, 291 ..)

I feel like you, I have seen numerous mistakes, even in pretest books (**** and others ).. I would stick with MS press, it is their product + they are the ones evaluating you icon_wink.gif

Plus try to understand the underlying principle, it will help you when you are stuck[/b]
    Working on MCSA and CCNA