Options

Damn Vids

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
I`m trying to view the news videos on SkyNews.com but all i get is a red X in the corner. Can anyone enlighten me to the solution?

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    you sure about that. I don't think that you provided enough info. skynews.com on this side of the pond is a front site for verizon wireless as skytel internet. Nothing about showing news. Normally a red X means no file of no ability to play or display the file such as .mov and no quick time or wmv and media player disabled.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Yes this is the site. http://news.sky.com/skynews/home I was thinking it could be to do with Java possibly?
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Last time I got that I needed to install Real Player. As said previously, make sure you have the proper program to play the file.
    I was able to view your link. It opens in a small IE window with Windows Media Player. Are you using IE or something else like Firefox?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    You can right click on the red X and get the URL it is connected to. Could be your firewall or proxy server is blocking the URL.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yea what sprkymrk said. I clicked on your updated link and watched the news video about todays bombing in the war zone. It was a standard Windows Media Player file. If you are using Firefox that may be your problem depending on the version of Media Player that you are using. The red X is telling you it won't play in your configuration.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO