Options

BSCI - 3rd time lucky..hopefully.

redicadredicad Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, this is my first post and im hoping to use this forum a lot more since stumbling across it on the web..

Im currently studying for BSCI and really struggling with it, already failing 2 attempts by 1 or 2 questions at most at a guess..to be honest its putting me off the 3 attempt and its doing my head in!!

Some of the questions that i can remember from the last exam that i would like answered to "put to bed" so to speak, would be great if anyone can help out..

1. What is the minimum to enable ISIS?

is it a) ROUTER ISIS / NET or b) ROUTER ISIS / NET / IP ROUTER ISIS

other 2 options werent anything like these..i chose b) but i think that is for integrated ISIS?

2. there was a config example of RIP 2 being used on 2 routers and updates werent working..Authentication was being used with 2 key chains..the Cisco press book i used didnt cover key chains, so im not sure what the right answer would be but i remember that both key 1 on each config was the same but key 2 was different..would this stop the updates? if multiple keys are being used do they all need to match?

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    redicad wrote:
    Hi all, this is my first post and im hoping to use this forum a lot more since stumbling across it on the web..

Im currently studying for BSCI and really struggling with it, already failing 2 attempts by 1 or 2 questions at most at a guess..to be honest its putting me off the 3 attempt and its doing my head in!!

Some of the questions that i can remember from the last exam that i would like answered to "put to bed" so to speak, would be great if anyone can help out..

1. What is the minimum to enable ISIS?

is it a) ROUTER ISIS / NET or b) ROUTER ISIS / NET / IP ROUTER ISIS

other 2 options werent anything like these..i chose b) but i think that is for integrated ISIS?

2. there was a config example of RIP 2 being used on 2 routers and updates werent working..Authentication was being used with 2 key chains..the Cisco press book i used didnt cover key chains, so im not sure what the right answer would be but i remember that both key 1 on each config was the same but key 2 was different..would this stop the updates? if multiple keys are being used do they all need to match?

well i'm not sure but i have seen these questions on transcender test.. not to NDA related issue the answer is

1. you have to turn on the router isis in global config, configure net and then ip router isis on the interfaces that will be speaking( using) isis

2.Cisco's implementation of RIP Version 2 supports authentication, key management, route summarization, classless interdomain routing (CIDR), and variable-length subnet masks (VLSMs).

more than likely its a key chain mismatch as rip v2 sends/receives plain text by defualt or md5
    however

RIP Version 1 does not support authentication.

per www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios113ed/113ed_cr/np1_c/1crip.htm
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons