Options

some advise

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello.

i am about to start the 70-270. i have just bought the installing, configuring and administering XP by walter glenn and tony northrup - the MS-press book.

basically will it be best to just follow the book thru or what?
or will it be better to use cbt software and use the book as a reference, along with technet and the technotes upon here?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    You have academic background with IT, and you have A+, Network+. My prediction is that you should be able to do this exam without too much stress.

Are you good at study from a book? Or do you prefer practice and hands-on experience? If you're the prior, you can do a couple chapters of related objectives at a time, and then practicing the questions. If you're the ladder, you should take the chapters one by one, and with the technotes, and then try some of the practice questions.

In any case, I do think you should go through the book in order.

Good luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    well i have a few years hands on with xp anyway, but i havent really dealt much with things like sysprep etc etc. so i intended to setup an xp client using VPC and get some hands on experiance that way whilst also going through the books, technet and technotes etc.

i also used cbt nuggets for a+ and net+ and i would love to again for xp but it just the cost thats a bummer!

• Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got the same book, not really good at reading books, so I use it as a reference for in depth things + I am planning to go throught all of the "testing skills and suggested practice" (hope I will do it icon_smile.gif ) but I really do think that it is the best way to go .... I am wrong ?
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
  • Options
    well gd luck! i am banking on the book being a good source for me. i have transcenders on the way to me aswell but i am getting a bit worried about the exam! - even though i havent even booked it yet! haha.

but the mspress book has been quiet gd so far and there is a massive section on how to prepare for the exam aswell so lets keep our fingers crossed!

• Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't get me wrong ..... The MS press book is a VERY good one for preparing the exam, it is just that I just can read for a little .... Actually that is the only book I refer to when I don't understand something .....

Yes good luck to us !!!
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
  • Options
    Amen Brother! AMEN!