Options

HELP!!! about Auto Update

kongming0gnkongming0gn Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
i ran an automatic update on my pc, when i was asked to restart it, i did. and after it goes up to windows, i cant access a couple of sites! ex: whitepages, etc... thanks for the help guys...

Comments

• Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    i ran an automatic update on my pc, when i was asked to restart it, i did. and after it goes up to windows, i cant access a couple of sites! ex: whitepages, etc... thanks for the help guys...

Not sure what the exact problem is but maybe for a workaround you could add whitepages and other websites into the "Trusted" list.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    OK first thing,

What Operating System is it? XP?

How can you not access it? IE getting error 404?

Assuming you have cleared the cache etc?

Little more detail please! :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    First do you use a proxy tool ?

Second Some third-party Firewall ?

Third Check your borwser setting's ;)

This may help ! icon_lol.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    kongming0gnkongming0gn Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well, my os is windows 2000. we got 5 pc's connected to a windows 2000 server. when i type in the address of the site on the address box, it goes to whitepages.com. but once i type in my reverse address input, or anything, it suddenly goes blank, no error notice..

how about that thing with trusted sites? how can it be configured?

thanks guys, i really need the whitepages...
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Um it sounds like there might be a problem with the whitepages site then. If you're sure it's because of automatic updates, then it would have been an update for internet explorer that caused it. Try loading the page in firefox instead and see if you can get it to work.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure, but could IE's popup blocker be the problem (or third party popup blocker - google toolbar, etc.)?
    All things are possible, only believe.