Options

i-Net+ featherweight?

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
Is this exam really that easy? I dont believe anything is ever 'too easy'...is this relative?

I just took the practice exam, finished in 10 minutes, and scored 70%...no studying at all....

if I get a book and actually learn the materials...how difficult will this exam be? Any XML/XHTML? Flash? Javascript?
Jack of all trades, master of none

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I don't know much about it, but I have heard it's pretty much a walkover exam......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you have just taken Network+ it is extremely easy. This will not be true next year because inet+ is getting a rewrite to bring it up to current standards. The search for subject matter experts in in progress as we speak/type. :)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    wanderswanders Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam last week and passed (814) I was not the hardest exam I have ever taken. My exam seemed to HTML and internet security with a spinkling of the other objectives. There were a few questions that made me think.
  • Options
    after carefully thinking about it, I dont think I'm going to spend money on materials and time writing this exam. I dont really enjoy Web development, web admin. that much...I should focus on my MCSA, and CCNA tracks...

~200 dollars could get me a cisco router instead....hmmm....
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    I thought about doing this exam myself, which to be honest I am still deciding...

It seems like a perfect starter exam, someone new to the world of computers...but rather expensive just to put another cert on your resume.

I might do it just so I can say - ya I did it...but not till I need a break from MCSA/MCSE

Just my $0.02 worth
  • Options
    I was thinking about it at first, but I just blew close to 500 dollars on cisco routers. I dont think I'll spend money on this 'secondary' certificate. I do have a 25% off voucher for CompTIA, but I'll save that for Security+, plus MCSA track will cost some money too. So I better now.
  • Options
    lwwarnerlwwarner Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, it is pretty easy. But then it's supposed to be. Remember this cert is only supposed to represent 6 months of experience with things Internet. For kicks & giggles I went and took it this morning; no prep; passed easily. IMO, the biggest difficulty for anyone with some real experience in the areas covered by the exam is that some of the questions are poorly written and confusing because of that.
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    If you have just taken Network+ it is extremely easy. This will not be true next year because inet+ is getting a rewrite to bring it up to current standards.
    Yeah, basically it's a really, really cheap version of Network+, without all the networking questions and more of a focus on internet specific protocols and security. Examples: E-biz overview, port numbers, HTML, SSL, etc.
    Reloaded~4~Ever