Options

Knocked another one out

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
i have kicked butt today on the BSCI scoring 967 icon_eek.gif i felt that i had did pretty good on the test... but not that good

alot of questions seems to be direct, read most of them twice ..including the usual stuff on cisco related test

STUDY GROUP NOW WORKING ON BCRAN... maybe we can turn out CCNPs within a few more months icon_cool.gif

tx, j
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    great job man. congrats
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    That's certainly kicking butt, congrats! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thx everyone.. i was curious what is needed for a bcran lab?

i already have a few routers .. just curious if i needed a couple more or just to add wics or NMs to them?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    It would be ideal if two people on your study group have an isdn connection. If not, you can probably save money on renting rack access rather than buying an ISDN sim. You could also consider buying it with the group. I think they go for around 300 bucks. A 2514 should be useful too.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    keenon wrote:
    i was curious what is needed for a bcran lab?
    Well, back in the old days (last year) you needed an ISDN simulator, a couple of BRI ports, a couple of modems, and maybe a T1 back-to-back (if you don't have the simulator for that).

Serial ports were good for the rest.

Lets see -- the backup dialer watch can be done back-to-back through the aux port... which could also cover dialers in leiu of ISDN sim...

Frame Relay, PPP, QoS, ah -- and that's where they toss in Security stuff (VPNs, IPSec, & AAA).

AH! The broadband stuff -- yeah, an xDSL connection/router could be useful. And I'm not talking ethernet to and xDSL modem..... The cable/dsl theory was fine -- and I lucked out that they asked ATM stuff that I knew, but hadn't studied for the exam. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, and they are not kidding about PPPoE & PPPoA, etc. icon_eek.gif (at least last year they weren't).

NAT seemed to be everywhere last year -- no mention in the blueprint that I can recognize. icon_cool.gif That means more room for fun questions!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, good job.I wish i could tell you the hard one is over but i cant.
    The bsci is enjoyable to study, the bcran is painful.Maybe the study group can pull you through the sleepy times.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well Done Keenon I knew you could do it! and what a score! its easy from here in youve slain the beast.

For BCRAN lab, as Mike said, but modems are no longer on the exam so scratch that. I would build a big frame lab and do some frame-relay sims. Dont worry about ATM thats removed now also, I would also do some ISDN labs.

Theres a lot of xDSL but those WIC1-ADSL cost a pretty penny and I would do those bits on the online labs. Theres a little bit on cable also but it only covers a few pages in the book.

Mike your right NAT was non-existant but was in my book, but its not on the exam objectives, it seems that all the NP exams have all but sent NAT to the CCNA.

A lot of the Queing stuff you will be able to do with what you already got. I would also fire up a copy of ACS and do some AAA if you can.

One thing I took lightly on this baby was IPsec trust me that accounts for a lot now! so dont overlook it.

Well done once again
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Well done !

icon_wink.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Bravo keenon icon_thumright.gif

Seems you've gotten to the point where you dream Cisco icon_lol.gif

That looks like an incredible score indeed. I remember you'd planned on hitting BSCI before BCMSN only to supprise us by doing it the other way round. Good luck with BCRAN.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Nice job big K! Like I said; I knew you would ace it. You worry too much! We're gonna hit CCNP before New Years, right? :)
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Better hurry, i hear a change will be announced on tuesday 15th, probably exam will change Oct 15th.Anyway only 2 days to wait to see if the rumor is true.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    hmm this rumour again, I will beleive it when I see it, its been around for months! They will normally give plenty of notice of a last day to register for an exam.

with CCNP last time they ran a beta phase first and the beta exams (643) ran alongside the old ones for several months.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You mean they will change again the CCNP exam, I am now on CCNP academy and they never inform me.
    Anyway let see.
  • Options
    MrD wrote:
    Nice job big K! Like I said; I knew you would ace it. You worry too much! We're gonna hit CCNP before New Years, right? :)

indeed i do icon_lol.gif bad case of perfectionism

making sure i know that i know icon_study.gif