is the xp exam adaptive?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.asp
    Note: This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at Microsoft's sole discretion. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use the exam objectives listed in this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. Learn more, and download samples, on the Testing Innovations page.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the bar stewards! lol

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    While you should heed the warning above, I can tell you I've not seen an adaptive exam in years.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so is the exam just multiple choice questions similar to the comptia exams but abit long winded?

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    no....you could also have active screens asking you to configure the correct settings, or drag and drop...hot area, lists, or tree type questions can also come up....

no sims until the 29x exams though...

adaptive simily means the exam will 'grade' you AS you answer the questions...it has no implications on the type of questions you get.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Novell adaptive exams in the past would ask you a hard question on a subject, if you got it correct, it would ignore that subject and move on to the next. If you got it wrong it would hit you with many more questions on the subject and if you keep getting them wrong you fail after answering only a few questions from the whole exam. I also remember passing exams that where suppost to have 40 questions after about 25. If you kept getting answers wrong you may hit the max 40 questions.

I have experienced nothing like this with Microsoft though....
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    SWM wrote:
    Novell adaptive exams in the past would ask you a hard question on a subject, if you got it correct, it would ignore that subject and move on to the next. If you got it wrong it would hit you with many more questions on the subject and if you keep getting them wrong you fail after answering only a few questions from the whole exam. I also remember passing exams that where suppost to have 40 questions after about 25. If you kept getting answers wrong you may hit the max 40 questions.
    With the original Novell adaptive exam, it was possible to pass the entire exam in 10 questions.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I loved those days. I often passed Novell tests with the minimum # of questions, and knew I had to have passed. If I had an extra question, I'd question what in the world I did wrong.

Adaptive tests can't let you refer back to previous questions, since the next question is adapted from your previous answers. Since MS lets you review and change answers, it can't be adaptive.
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think mine was, just passed it yesterday, had 135 mn, 58 questions (but I think they only score 50), you could browse throught the pages, review the questions and even COMMENT on the questions icon_rolleyes.gif (those MS guys !!! )
    Working on MCSA and CCNA