Options

Knowing when you are ready

Ok I have to admit that I get very impatient at times…. work full time, family, just seems to take forever to study for an exam.

Studying for the 70-270 and hitting between 80% and 90% on practice tests…should I just go take the test or wait until I am hitting high 90s?

I know it is one of those tough questions that everyone has to ask themselves.

Have in the past taken exams when I was at this point and it was a tough fight.

When do you know you are ready?

Just curious what your thoughts are.

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    the question you should be asking yourself is, would you say that you know Windows XP...would you say that you can support somebody on Windows XP?

Dont worry too much about the score.....I got my OS exam for A+ exactly on the 3rd month mark......almost forgot about it too...

I didnt finish all of my studying...but I knew that I was comfortable, and I knew that I could do the questions...I ended up passing it...

Dont worry TOO much about the score...worry about whether you know the stuff or not..you really can't quantify knowledge precisely...if you know it, you know it...
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you feel like you understand the material and you're really understanding the answers you're giving on those tests, I'd say go for it. The real test isn't as difficult as it might seem, and I'm sure you'll do fine if you're scoring that high. It's all about how you feel, like bighornsheep said, and if you're confident that you could support users on Windows XP.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I would have to say that I was hitting about the same scores as you the couple days before I took the exam and passed with a 842.
    Do you feel confident? The first time I took the exam I said to myslef "I'm not ready and don't think I will pass" and I didnt.
    The second time I took the exam I felt ready and I knew I would pass. It really all depends on how you feel.

What material did you use to study for this exam?
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    I would have to say that I was hitting about the same scores as you the couple days before I took the exam and passed with a 842.
    Do you feel confident? The first time I took the exam I said to myslef "I'm not ready and don't think I will pass" and I didnt.
    The second time I took the exam I felt ready and I knew I would pass. It really all depends on how you feel.

What material did you use to study for this exam?

Using TestOut Video / CBT Nuggets / MS Press / Examcram2
    And of course this this icon_lol.gif

I figured if I am asking if I am ready, then that means I am probably not, taking this week to review and hit my weaker areas, hoping to take the test friday or monday.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157