Options

opinion of my book so far.

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
i am currently using installing, configuring and administering windows xp by tony northrup and walter glenn - the ms press book.

and so far i have found the book great!

this is my first MS exam and i dont know what other books like exam cram and sybex etc are like but this one is great. its well explained and goes into depth where needed, theres plenty of questions at the end of each chapter, the language used in the book is easy to understand and read. it also comes with a great cd with hundereds of questions and tutorials!

and there is a massive section on the book to prepare for the exam.

there is also hands on lessons to put into practice what the chapter is talking about so its like a hands on labs!

so far i am impressed and i hope i continue to do so!

has anyone else opinions (likes/dislikes) on my book or anyother books?

one downfall i would say is that some of the questions they ask - leave an open response - which to me can allow anyone to write anything. i would prefer to choose from a difinitive answer like in the exams etc. but it is not like that for all the q's....only some :)

any thoughts?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Again, it is a very good book, what I especially like is the practice section... After all, the main thing is u should know how to use xp ..... And they really get you to that point... I have discovered lots off stuff I did not know (I have been installing and troubleshooting xp for 4 years now)

It is a great book
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
  • Options
    nuglobenuglobe Member Posts: 190
    It's alright, I don't care for a lot of the needless info (Regarding the test). It isn't just a self study book, its more like a reference book.
    GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)