Options

New MS cert "MCA: Messaging"

OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/architect/messaging/
$25,000 Entrance fee? Are they nuts?
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"

Comments

• Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Note that this fee does not guarantee successful completion of the program

@ $25k it wants to be icon_eek.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So who is writing a check this week to be in the first 48 icon_rolleyes.gif
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_eek.gif ...well, if you compare it (5 full weeks) to the rates of a 4-days MOC, it isn't even 'that' expensive. If I would not enjoy my current job, I would do pretty much anything to get this certification. I've implemented dozens of Exchange servers and at one point in my carreer my employer actually considered changing my job name from consultant to MS Exchange Architect. I never upgraded my knowledge to 2000 and 2003, and the Ex5.5. knowledge is blurry, but those who do and are willing to lay down the money for it (which in most cases will be their employers who pay the bill and earn it back with a single project) have a bright future ahead.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    $25,000. Good. This is one cert that it will be impossible to "paper".

That includes 5 weeks of training and is for the best of the elite. I imagine the only people going for this would be people who work for companies with a very large exchange environment and consultants who support the same. As it should be.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Drooling over the MCA certification program in general. Just got to find a job to foot the bill because $25000 US is ridiculously expensive and doubt it would have the ROI for at least a fews years. But yes, no way to paper this for certified people which is great and makes it very worthwhile.

I am watching this space very carefully.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    blargoe wrote:
    $25,000. Good. This is one cert that it will be impossible to "paper".

That includes 5 weeks of training and is for the best of the elite. I imagine the only people going for this would be people who work for companies with a very large exchange environment and consultants who support the same. As it should be.

And that 25Gs doesn't include the cost to obtain the prerequisite skills.
    12x6x5 is an awful big commitment too. I am sure that doesn't include study time to pass the weekly exams.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    With only 48 slots per year it will be interesting to see how big the waiting list becomes. Yes the time commitment is big and could scare some off. With study time and personal hygiene time, sleep time will drop to 4 to 6 hours a night. Sounds like the military, I would expect many will be dragging after the first 3 to 4 weeks.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    TheShadow wrote:
    ... and personal hygiene time,....

I bet that will be sorely lacking.
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Can someone lend me 25K? jajajja Joking!

I'm fine with my MCSA and almost MCSE with both Messaging certs.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I'd take it for the knowledge... but 25k is a little steep without a direct use for it for myself.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    I imagine the first 48 will be people directly affiliated with Microsoft (If they haven't already put them through this process privately)
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I wonder who will be the first from this forum to have this new cert....
  • Options
    Well, I can tell you who it will not be... :)
    IT guy since 12/00