Options

CCNP course change

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i saw this before a few weeks ago.. just been making me progress faster to finish NP..

no schedule date for when these will replace existing NP course but i know it will be in the next few months ( thats just my gut) maybe jan '07
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    keenon wrote:
    no schedule date for when these will replace existing NP course but i know it will be in the next few months ( thats just my gut) maybe jan '07
    Cisco will give you 6 months of notice when changing certification requirements.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    BubbaJ wrote:
    Cisco will give you 6 months of notice when changing certification requirements.
    They give you warning, but not necessarily 6 months. The CCSP changes were announced on Sept 19 last year and the last day to take the retiring exams was Feb 2nd -- about 4.5 months warning there.

If you believe the exams are changing -- don't buy all the Cisco Press books for all the exams in advance -- I had all the CCSP books, and changed my cert plan to squeeze the CCSP in.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    mikej412 wrote:
    They give you warning, but not necessarily 6 months. The CCSP changes were announced on Sept 19 last year and the last day to take the retiring exams was Feb 2nd -- about 4.5 months warning there.
    In the Cisco IPTV shows on certification, Cisco says that they give you 6 months notice. If they don't, I think a note to Don Field may be in order.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't believe everything I hear on TV.... I guess I'll add IPTV to that too. icon_lol.gif

The last date to register for those retiring CCSP exams was Dec 19th -- 3 months after the announcement.

The one thing I remember from an IPTV thing was -- you had until the schedule time of your testing company to complete the exams. Prometric allows me to schedule 6 weeks in advance... and that worked out to the Feb 2nd date somehow -- 6 weeks from the last date to register. If the testing centers are allowed to schedule exams 3 months out (but only choose to use 1/2 that time) -- that could account for the "6 months" that was 4.5 months.

Maybe its 6 months from the first rumors? .... I wasn't paying to the CCSP and didn't see any rumors prior to the official announcement. icon_lol.gif

Those exams seem kind of lite on content for the CCNP -- more like they are channel partner exams. Or, maybe the entire R&S track is changing to a "Converged Network" track? I guess I could see MPLS moving to the CCNP someday....

I better go take my last CCVP exam before they change that on me.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!