Volunteer work question

crisb20crisb20 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am a recent graduate with a degree in telecommunications management and I am having trouble finding work because I have no experience. I was wondering how some of you on this site have went about finding volunteer work?

Comments

• mwillmwill Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Heres what I did, and I currently Volunteer for two sites.

I went to google, and typed in "non profit organizations nashville tn"

this brought me to a website dedicated for non profit organizations for nashville tn, how funny eh? lol.

I went through the list and found some companys that i think could use some help. About 5 of them, I went to their website, and found the HR or IT email addresses, and sent an email to each one asking if they needed any assistance.

I got a call back from 3, and took 2 up. There you go!

Here is an email I sent to one, if you want to use this as a template.

I used this for about all 5 and just changed some vaules for the company name etc...

Hello Jennifer,

My name is Marcus Williamson, after browsing websites for non profit organizations I’ve came across your site. I must admit I’m very pleased with the service Monroe Harding Children’s Home is offering. I want to lend a hand and help professionally. I was curious if you are in need of any IT services?

I would offer my service free of charge, services such as, PC repair, Networking, Wireless support, LAN support, Desktop Support, and general pc services. If you are in need of assistance please don’t hesitate to give me an email or call (615) XXX-XXXX.

Please note as I am a full time employee I could assist after 5pm and on weekends only.

Regards,

Thats it, good luck on the hunt!
    Marcus Williamson