Options

New question in CCNA Exam

hix18hix18 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I heard on the simulation parts cisco is giving xxxxxx simulation no more xxxxx. There will be xxxxx also.
There is also many drag and drop now.

I got a question here...Is the copy run start command really important??
Does it effect the score if I don't do that.
Here to learn.....

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hix18 wrote:
    Hi,

I heard on the simulation parts cisco is giving xxxxx simulation no more xxxx. There will be xxxx also.
    There is also many drag and drop now.

Hix, this is not a cheating forum so maybe you should refrain from posting
    information about what you think or know is on the exam.I would have answered your question regarding copy runn to start but due to your willingness to encourage others to **** i wont.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    blackzoneblackzone Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hix18 wrote:

I dont' know if it's mandatory, but it only takes 5 second of your exam time anyway.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Any routing protocol covered under CCNA is fair game for a sim. I do know though that IGRP is no longer covered on the exam. I was told this by my instructor in April, and he was a stickler for NDA, so I know I can post at least that.

As for Copy Run Start, it is indeed a necessary habit to get into, but if you check the FAQ that is sticky'ed, you are not penalized for not doing so.
    Personally, I would have set the test to take at least a few points off, since if the routers are rebooted, your fix would disappear. And I say this being guilty myself of forgetting to save my config.
  • Options
    mh7923mh7923 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From experience having just taken the 640-801 last wed. I had xxxxx and a new xxxx one. I don't think it is cheating to give some one advice. AND yes you must "copy runn start" in order to get the sim correct.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    mh7923 wrote:
    From experience having just taken the 640-801 last wed. I had xxxxx one. I don't think it is cheating to give some one advice. AND yes you must "copy runn start" in order to get the sim correct.

good job on violating the NDA.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    GodMadeDirtGodMadeDirt Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mh7923 wrote:
    From experience having just taken the 640-801 last wed. I had EIGRP and a new Telnet one. I don't think it is cheating to give some one advice. AND yes you must "copy runn start" in order to get the sim correct.

good job on violating the NDA.

What are you talking about? There is no violation here! I think we can all assume that there will be questions about EIGRP. Did I miss something?

BTW - copy run start is a good idea.
  • Options
    lwwarnerlwwarner Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mh7923 wrote:
    AND yes you must "copy runn start" in order to get the sim correct.
    Why do people keep perpetuating this myth?? As our illustrious webmaster has posted before, the following quote is directly from Cisco:
    The router simulation exam questions do not require candidates to save the configuration prior to exiting the simulation question to receive credit.
    Ref: How will the simulations work on the Cisco exams?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    lwwarner wrote:
    our illustrious webmaster
    The diameter of my head just increased with a full inch :)

They clearly stated you don't need to save the config, but honestly I would like to see a 'verify and save the config' step as the final step for every Cisco sim. In general it's bad practice to solve a problem on Cisco devices and not save the config afterwards.
    What are you talking about? There is no violation here! I think we can all assume that there will be questions about EIGRP. Did I miss something?
    Yes so it seems, you missed this:
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    We do have some rules. It is ok to talk about areas that are good to focus, (like the blueprint for the test) but it is not ok to state what questions or sims you had (To be more clear....do not say I had two on OSPF and one on Underwater Basket Weaving..Yes, I know that is not getting specifics...but you should not be mentioning these at all. It is not my NDA or TechExams NDA...it is what you signed w/ Cisco.) If you can't face the question or the sim, without a heads up, your not ready for the exam.

Again, welcome to the forum. Learn as much as you can. Help when you can help. And please watch what you post.

Thanks...
    Ten9t6
    Cisco wrote:
    The CCNA certification (Cisco Certified Network Associate) indicates a foundation in and apprentice knowledge of networking. CCNA certified professionals can install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and dial access services for small networks (100 nodes or fewer), including but not limited to use of these protocols: IP, IGRP, Serial, Frame Relay, IP RIP, VLANs, RIP, Ethernet, Access Lists.

The point is: you need to be able to configure any of the relevant technologies, not 'just' the one that are currently represented in the sims. I'm not saying you or anyone else reading this would, but you would be surprised how many people just use **** to pass their exams and they only 'need' (want) to know what Cisco will ask them on their exams.

Cisco added the sims solely to increase or at least protect the value of their certs, which is something we want to support, and so should you considering you will want that certification you study and pay for the be and remain valuable.

And in case you didn't notice, the quote from Cisco above, and the rest of the exam objectives, 'combined' with some honest studying, will make it rather easy to guestimate on which topics you 'can' receive a sim. Learn them all and you will agree with me afterwards when I say the sims are amongst the easier questions in the exam. They are the questions that allow you to score. Get them all correct, and you can miss a whole bunch of regular questions and still pass. Miss one or more sims and you'll have to answer most of all the more theoretic questions correctly, which can be both detailed and tricky in Cisco exams.
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    They clearly stated you don't need to save the config, but honestly I would like to see a 'verify and save the config' step as the final step for every Cisco sim. In general it's bad practice to solve a problem on Cisco devices and not save the config afterwards.
    Amen, brother! You're preach'n to the choir now! angel.gif
  • Options
    You have to admit though, the objective list is quite broad. For example, the specific routing protocols that you are expected to know and can be tested on are not listed. From what my instructor informed us back in April was that IGRP was no longer tested, though it was still in the courseware. EIGRP was not listed in the blurb quoted above. This is the very reason I would want to get the actual courseware student kit even if I don't intend to actually take the course for the new CCNP. I've heard from colleages where some key topics/commands for switches were not covered in their study guide, but was in my courseware, and was tested.
  • Options
    hix18hix18 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So sorry...I not trying to encourage cheaters here.
    I will be carefull on giving my opinion next time.

BTW what is NBA?
    I know NBMA...hehe non-broadcast multi access.
    Here to learn.....
  • Options
    hix18 wrote:
    So sorry...I not trying to encourage cheaters here.
    I will be carefull on giving my opinion next time.

BTW what is NBA?
    Since the only place that "NBA" appears in this thread is right here in your post, you must mean NDA. NDA = Non-Disclosure Agreement. Specifically this is the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement that you must sign before you are granted any Cisco cert.
  • Options
    Don't you sign it before you even start the test? Otherwise you could legally give away the test until you pass.