Options

Took a chance today...

longshotlongshot Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got a wild hair and decided to go test today. I had 28 questions on my test ...hint hint. What got me were questions I had not seen covered in my studies nor anything like them on practice test. People...KNOW your NT4 commands and DO NOT discount Windows 3.1. Also troubleshooting both those. These things are listed in the objectives...and can pop up..even thought they may hardly be used in the real world these days. (my opinion only)

I passed though....with a 762. Its a pass though...for life.

On to Net +....CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Webmaster: www.longshotdesigns.com
Stunters Digital Artwork (It's halfway up now)

Comments

• Options
    Oh yea...anyone have any links to where I can still learn more about NT4 at least. I do want to bring my personal knowledge up on that...even though I passed and dont have to retake it. I know where my weak spot was and need to sew that up.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!!

Here are some guides covering the essentials. Although it's for the NT mcse exams, it might help:

icon_arrow.gifwww.mcmcse.com/win2k/index.shtml
  • Options
    T.Y. Webmaster. Man...Still studying for A+ after I pass...lmao icon_lol.gif Got to have the knowledge though.
  • Options
    TianaTiana Inactive Imported Users Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.... :) Don't feel bad icon_sad.gif
    You did it and passed the exam :D

Im going to take mine this 11th and afraid of not passing.....

Congrats again!!!!
  • Options
    JennaJenna Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! Still studying for it here.. kinda got distracted for a bit!
    :P
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats longshot.

No matter how often I say this it always has true meaning. New students should use something like Mike Meyers AIO so they learn about the historical stuff. That helps them understand the whys of what we do now, and also why we have certain limitations. It may not be heavily tested on, but 3.1 and NT4 are still out there in the wild and everyone should at least know about them.
    When I was studying for OS I installed DOS 6.2, W3.1, W95, W98, WME, NT4 and W2000 on removable drives so I could get familiar with their various screens (msconfig/config.sys etc) and menu shortcuts. At that stage I only had experience with W98 and XP so I figured I needed to learn the others. My study time was 2 1/2 weeks for both Core and OS, but without that experience I think I would have certainly failed or at minimum get nowhere near my scores.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats longshot!

I too was surprised by the number of NT questions on OS. I had loaded up NT4 2 or 3 times and played around with it before taking OS. So, I wasn't too far off guard.

Anyway, best of luck on Net+.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congratulations on the pass. have you tried www.wown.com for nt4 stuff?
    A+ Moderator